Does habitual car use not lead to more resistance to change of travel mode?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Transportation.
Volume (Year): 30 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=103007
habit; past behavior; reasoned action;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eva Hofmann & Erik Hoelzl & Erich Kirchler, 2008. "A Comparison of Models Describing the Impact of Moral Decision Making on Investment Decisions," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 82(1), pages 171-187, September.
- Joachim Scheiner & Christian Holz-Rau, 2007. "Travel mode choice: affected by objective or subjective determinants?," Transportation, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 487-511, July.
- Alistair Kerr & Alexia Lennon & Barry Watson, 2010. "The call of the road: factors predicting students’ car travelling intentions and behaviour," Transportation, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Tillema, Taede & Ben-Elia, Eran & Ettema, Dick & van Delden, Janet, 2013. "Charging versus rewarding: A comparison of road-pricing and rewarding peak avoidance in the Netherlands," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 4-14.
- Buys, Laurie & Miller, Evonne, 2011. "Conceptualising convenience: Transportation practices and perceptions of inner-urban high density residents in Brisbane, Australia," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 289-297, January.
- Smart, Michael, 2010. "US immigrants and bicycling: Two-wheeled in Autopia," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 153-159, May.
- Redman, Lauren & Friman, Margareta & Gärling, Tommy & Hartig, Terry, 2013. "Quality attributes of public transport that attract car users: A research review," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 119-127.
- Claudiu URSU & Alina MOROSANU, 2013. "Statistical Evaluation Of Regional Differences Regarding Passenger Cars Fleet Concentration From Romania, In 2007-2012," Romanian Statistical Review, Romanian Statistical Review, vol. 61(10), pages 13-22, November.
- Joachim Scheiner & Christian Holz-Rau, 2013. "Changes in travel mode use after residential relocation: a contribution to mobility biographies," Transportation, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 431-458, February.
- Handy, Susan & Weston, Lisa & Mokhtarian, Patricia L., 2005. "Driving by choice or necessity?," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(2-3), pages 183-203.
- Innocenti, Alessandro & Lattarulo, Patrizia & Pazienza, Maria Grazia, 2013. "Car stickiness: Heuristics and biases in travel choice," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 158-168.
- Ben-Elia, Eran & Ettema, Dick, 2011. "Rewarding rush-hour avoidance: A study of commuters' travel behavior," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(7), pages 567-582, August.
- Chang, Hsin-Li & Wu, Shun-Cheng, 2008. "Exploring the vehicle dependence behind mode choice: Evidence of motorcycle dependence in Taipei," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 307-320, February.
- Alessandro Innocenti & Patrizia Latturolo & Maria Grazia Pazienza, 2009.
"Heuristics and Biases in Travel Mode Choice,"
0905, SIET Società Italiana di Economia dei Trasporti e della Logistica.
- Alessandro Innocenti & Patrizia Lattarulo & Maria Grazia Pazienza, 2009. "Heuristics and Biases in Travel Mode Choice," Labsi Experimental Economics Laboratory University of Siena 027, University of Siena.
- Mario Cools & Elke Moons & Brecht Janssens & Geert Wets, 2009. "Shifting towards environment-friendly modes: profiling travelers using Q-methodology," Transportation, Springer, vol. 36(4), pages 437-453, July.
- Chen, Ching-Fu & Lai, Wen-Tai, 2011. "The effects of rational and habitual factors on mode choice behaviors in a motorcycle-dependent region: Evidence from Taiwan," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 711-718, September.
- De Witte, Astrid & Hollevoet, Joachim & Dobruszkes, Frédéric & Hubert, Michel & Macharis, Cathy, 2013. "Linking modal choice to motility: A comprehensive review," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 329-341.
- Burbidge, Shaunna K & Goulias, Konstadinos G., 2008. "Active Travel Behavior," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt8hb09563, University of California Transportation Center.
- Tommy Gärling & Kay Axhausen, 2003. "Introduction: Habitual travel choice," Transportation, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Cristian Domarchi & Alejandro Tudela & Angélica González, 2008. "Effect of attitudes, habit and affective appraisal on mode choice: an application to university workers," Transportation, Springer, vol. 35(5), pages 585-599, August.
- Metin Senbil & Ryuichi Kitamura & Jamilah Mohamad, 2009. "Residential location, vehicle ownership and travel in Asia: a comparative analysis of Kei-Han-Shin and Kuala Lumpur metropolitan areas," Transportation, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 325-350, May.
- Rojo, Marta & Gonzalo-Orden, Hernán & dell’Olio, Luigi & Ibeas, Ángel, 2012. "Relationship between service quality and demand for inter-urban buses," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(10), pages 1716-1729.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.