Does habitual car use not lead to more resistance to change of travel mode?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Transportation.
Volume (Year): 30 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=103007
habit; past behavior; reasoned action;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ben-Elia, Eran & Ettema, Dick, 2011. "Rewarding rush-hour avoidance: A study of commuters' travel behavior," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(7), pages 567-582, August.
- Alessandro Innocenti & Patrizia Lattarulo & Maria Grazia Pazienza, 2009.
"Heuristics and Biases in Travel Mode Choice,"
Labsi Experimental Economics Laboratory University of Siena
027, University of Siena.
- Smart, Michael, 2010. "US immigrants and bicycling: Two-wheeled in Autopia," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 153-159, May.
- Mario Cools & Elke Moons & Brecht Janssens & Geert Wets, 2009. "Shifting towards environment-friendly modes: profiling travelers using Q-methodology," Transportation, Springer, vol. 36(4), pages 437-453, July.
- Chen, Ching-Fu & Lai, Wen-Tai, 2011. "The effects of rational and habitual factors on mode choice behaviors in a motorcycle-dependent region: Evidence from Taiwan," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 711-718, September.
- Buys, Laurie & Miller, Evonne, 2011. "Conceptualising convenience: Transportation practices and perceptions of inner-urban high density residents in Brisbane, Australia," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 289-297, January.
- Chang, Hsin-Li & Wu, Shun-Cheng, 2008. "Exploring the vehicle dependence behind mode choice: Evidence of motorcycle dependence in Taipei," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 307-320, February.
- Metin Senbil & Ryuichi Kitamura & Jamilah Mohamad, 2009. "Residential location, vehicle ownership and travel in Asia: a comparative analysis of Kei-Han-Shin and Kuala Lumpur metropolitan areas," Transportation, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 325-350, May.
- Eva Hofmann & Erik Hoelzl & Erich Kirchler, 2008. "A Comparison of Models Describing the Impact of Moral Decision Making on Investment Decisions," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 82(1), pages 171-187, September.
- Rojo, Marta & Gonzalo-Orden, Hernán & dell’Olio, Luigi & Ibeas, Ángel, 2012. "Relationship between service quality and demand for inter-urban buses," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(10), pages 1716-1729.
- Handy, Susan & Weston, Lisa & Mokhtarian, Patricia L., 2005. "Driving by choice or necessity?," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(2-3), pages 183-203.
- Joachim Scheiner & Christian Holz-Rau, 2007. "Travel mode choice: affected by objective or subjective determinants?," Transportation, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 487-511, July.
- Burbidge, Shaunna K & Goulias, Konstadinos G., 2008. "Active Travel Behavior," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt8hb09563, University of California Transportation Center.
- Cristian Domarchi & Alejandro Tudela & Angélica González, 2008. "Effect of attitudes, habit and affective appraisal on mode choice: an application to university workers," Transportation, Springer, vol. 35(5), pages 585-599, August.
- Tommy Gärling & Kay Axhausen, 2003. "Introduction: Habitual travel choice," Transportation, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Tatiana Cini & Giulia Fiorini & Alberto Milottti, 2009. "I costi e i benefici socio-economici connessi all’adozione del Global Service in ambito stradale. Il caso della Strada a Grande Comunicazione FI - PI - LI," Working Papers 0904, SIET Società Italiana di Economia dei Trasporti e della Logistica.
- Alistair Kerr & Alexia Lennon & Barry Watson, 2010. "The call of the road: factors predicting students’ car travelling intentions and behaviour," Transportation, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 1-13, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.