Industry Clusters in Ohio and Sweden, 1975-1995
AbstractThe purpose of the present paper is twofold. First, we formulate a general method of identifying clusters of economic activity in a country or region. The methodology is based on generally available industry data and does not start from a priori notions of geographic or technology clusters. Second, the proposed methodology is then used to identify the main clusters of economic activity in Ohio and Sweden and their evolution over the last twenty years. Copyright 1999 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Small Business Economics.
Volume (Year): 12 (1999)
Issue (Month): 4 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100338
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mirko Titze & Matthias Brachert & Alexander Kubis, 2010. "The Identification of Industrial Clusters – Methodical Aspects in a Multidimensional Framework for Cluster Identification," IWH Discussion Papers 14, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Rivera, Liliana & Sheffi, Yossi & Welsch, Roy, 2014. "Logistics agglomeration in the US," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 222-238.
- Acs, Zoltan & Braunerhjelm, Pontus, 2005.
"The Entrepreneruship-Philanthropy Nexus: Implication for internationalization,"
Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation
34, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Zoltan J. Acs & Pontus Braunerhjelm, 2004. "The Entrepreneurship-Philanthropy Nexus: Implication for Internationalization," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-23, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Cristina Santos & Alexandre Almeida & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2008. "Searching for clusters in tourism. A quantitative methodological proposal," FEP Working Papers 293, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.