Does Regulation Fair Disclosure affect analysts’ forecast performance? The case of restructuring firms
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting.
Volume (Year): 38 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=102990
Regulation Fair Disclosure; Analysts’ forecast attributes; Restructuring charges; G17; M48;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
- M48 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Government Policy and Regulation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gintschel, Andreas & Markov, Stanimir, 2004. "The effectiveness of Regulation FD," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 293-314, September.
- Collins, Daniel W. & Kothari, S. P. & Rayburn, Judy Dawson, 1987. "Firm size and the information content of prices with respect to earnings," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 111-138, July.
- Armando Gomes & Gary Gorton & Leonardo Madureira, 2004.
"SEC Regulation Fair Disclosure, Information, and the Cost of Capital,"
NBER Working Papers
10567, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gomes, Armando & Gorton, Gary & Madureira, Leonardo, 2007. "SEC Regulation Fair Disclosure, information, and the cost of capital," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 300-334, June.
- Mensah, Yaw M. & Yang, Rong, 2008. "An empirical evaluation of analysts' herding behavior following Regulation Fair Disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 317-338.
- Clement, Michael B. & Koonce, Lisa & Lopez, Thomas J., 2007. "The roles of task-specific forecasting experience and innate ability in understanding analyst forecasting performance," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 378-398, December.
- Eleswarapu, Venkat R. & Thompson, Rex & Venkataraman, Kumar, 2004. "The Impact of Regulation Fair Disclosure: Trading Costs and Information Asymmetry," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(02), pages 209-225, June.
- Arya, Anil & Glover, Jonathan & Mittendorf, Brian & Narayanamoorthy, Ganapathi, 2005. "Unintended consequences of regulating disclosures: The case of Regulation Fair Disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 243-252.
- Chaney, Paul K. & Hogan, Chris E. & Jeter, Debra C., 1999. "The effect of reporting restructuring charges on analysts' forecast revisions and errors," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 261-284, July.
- Anup Agrawal & Sahiba Chadha & Mark A. Chen, 2006. "Who Is Afraid of Reg FD? The Behavior and Performance of Sell-Side Analysts Following the SEC's Fair Disclosure Rules," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(6), pages 2811-2834, November.
- Ahmed, Anwer S. & Schneible Jr., Richard A., 2007. "The impact of regulation Fair Disclosure on investors' prior information quality -- Evidence from an analysis of changes in trading volume and stock price reactions to earnings announcements," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 282-299, June.
- Beaver, William H. & Lambert, Richard A. & Ryan, Stephen G., 1987. "The information content of security prices : A second look," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 139-157, July.
- Thomas J. Lopez, 2002. "Evidence on the Incremental Information Contained in the Components of Restructuring Charges," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(5&6), pages 613-659.
- Warren Bailey & Haitao Li & Connie X. Mao & Rui Zhong, 2003. "Regulation Fair Disclosure and Earnings Information: Market, Analyst, and Corporate Responses," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(6), pages 2487-2514, December.
- Dutordoir, Marie & Roosenboom, Peter & Vasconcelos, Manuel, 2014. "Synergy disclosures in mergers and acquisitions," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 88-100.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.