The value relevance of IFRS in the European banking industry
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting.
Volume (Year): 36 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=102990
Value-relevance; Accounting information; IFRS/IAS; Information efficiency; G14; M41;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ball, Ray & Robin, Ashok & Wu, Joanna Shuang, 2003. "Incentives versus standards: properties of accounting income in four East Asian countries," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-3), pages 235-270, December.
- Steven Cahan & David Emanuel & Jerry Sun, 2009. "The effect of earnings quality and country-level institutions on the value relevance of earnings," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 371-391, November.
- Samy Ben Naceur & Mohamed Goaied, 2004. "The value relevance of accounting and financial information: panel data evidence," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(17), pages 1219-1224.
- Eccher, Elizabeth A. & Ramesh, K. & Thiagarajan, S. Ramu, 1996. "Fair value disclosures by bank holding companies," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-3), pages 79-117, October.
- Gjerde, Øystein & Knivsflå, Kjell Henry & Sættem, Frode, 2008. "The Value-Relevance of Adopting IFRS: Evidence from 145 NGAAP Restatements," Discussion Papers 2008/21, Department of Business and Management Science, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Christopher S. Armstrong & Mary E. Barth & Alan D. Jagolinzer & Edward J. Riedl, 2008. "Market Reaction to the Adoption of IFRS in Europe," Harvard Business School Working Papers 09-032, Harvard Business School.
- repec:fip:fedhpr:y:1999:i:may:p:54-71 is not listed on IDEAS
- Holger Daske & Luzi Hail & Christian Leuz & Rodrigo Verdi, 2008. "Mandatory IFRS Reporting around the World: Early Evidence on the Economic Consequences," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(5), pages 1085-1142, December.
- Mary E. Barth & Wayne R. Landsman & Mark H. Lang, 2008. "International Accounting Standards and Accounting Quality," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 467-498, 06.
- Pascal Dumontier & Real Labelle, 1998. "Accounting earnings and firm valuation: the French case," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 163-183.
- Ahmed, Kamran & Chalmers, Keryn & Khlif, Hichem, 2013. "A Meta-analysis of IFRS Adoption Effects," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 173-217.
- Papadamou, Stephanos & Tzivinikos, Trifon, 2013. "The risk relevance of International Financial Reporting Standards: Evidence from Greek banks," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 43-54.
- Palea, Vera, 2013. "IAS/IFRS and Financial Reporting Quality: Lessons from the European Experience," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201330, University of Turin.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.