Counterexamples to Segal's Measure Representation Theorem
AbstractThis article discusses relations between several notions of continuity in rank-dependent utility, and in the generalized version of rank-dependent utility as initiated by Segal. Primarily, examples are given to show logical independencies between these notions of continuity. This also leads to counterexamples to Segal's (1989) characterizing theorem 1. Copyright 1993 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Risk and Uncertainty.
Volume (Year): 6 (1993)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100299
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Erio Castagnoli & Marco LiCalzi, 2005.
"Benchmarking real-valued acts,"
- Wakker, Peter, 1996. "The sure-thing principle and the comonotonic sure-thing principle: An axiomatic analysis," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 213-227.
- LiCalzi, Marco, 1998. "Variations on the measure representation approach," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 255-269, April.
- GRANT, Simon & KAJII, Atsushi, 1994.
"Ausi Expected Utility : An Anticipated Utility Theory of Relative Disappointment Aversion,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1994045, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Grant, Simon & Kajii, Atsushi, 1998. "AUSI expected utility: An anticipated utility theory of relative disappointment aversion," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 277-290, November.
- Trabelsi, Mohamed Ali, 2006.
"Les nouveaux modèles de décision dans le risque et l’incertain : quel apport ?
[The new models of decision under risk or uncertainty : What approach?]," MPRA Paper 25442, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.