Dynamic Processes in Risk Perception
AbstractThis article examines how public concern about different social problems changes over time in response to fluctuations in problem severity. Examining time series of concern and objective severity for nine different problems, both graphically and econometrically, we address three main questions. First, how closely does concern track fluctuations in problem severity? Second, what psychological processes mediate the relationship between concern and problem severity? Finally, what factor(s) distinguish between problems for which tracking is accurate and inaccurate? Copyright 1990 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Risk and Uncertainty.
Volume (Year): 3 (1990)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100299
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Konstantinos Drakos & Cathérine Müller, 2010. "On the Determinants of Terrorism Risk Concern in Europe," Economics of Security Working Paper Series 36, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- McCluskey, Jill & Rausser, Gordon C., 2000.
"Estimation of perceived risk and its effect on property values,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt46x0r71b, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Jill J. McCluskey & Gordon C. Rausser, 2001. "Estimation of Perceived Risk and Its Effect on Property Values," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 77(1), pages 42-55.
- McCluskey, Jill Jennifer & Rausser, Gordon C, 2000. "Estimation of perceived risk and its effect on property values," CUDARE Working Paper Series 879R, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Drakos, Konstantinos & Müller, Cathérine, 2011.
"Terrorism risk concern in Europe,"
Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 195-197, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.