The Avenue Effect, Landmark Externalities, and Cubic Transformation: Manhattan Office Valuation
AbstractA functional form for the valuation of office buildings is a third-order function that replicates the constrained cost function in which one of the inputs, land, is fixed. The third-order transformation improves a hedonic regression pricing model and reduces the autocorrelation. The presence of neighborhood landmarks, selected avenue address, and building size influence the office building value. The data set includes 103 midtown Manhattan office building sales transactions from 1980 to first quarter 1990. Copyright 1994 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Real Estate Finance & Economics.
Volume (Year): 8 (1994)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102945
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barrett A. Slade, 2000. "Office Rent Determinants during Market Decline and Recovery," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 20(3), pages 357-380.
- Fuerst, Franz & McAllister, Patrick, 2008.
"Green Noise or Green Value? Measuring the Price Effects of Environmental Certification in Commercial Buildings,"
11446, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2008.
- Franz Fuerst & Patrick McAllister, 2008. "Green Noise or Green Value? Measuring the Price Effects of Environmental Certification in Commercial Buildings," Real Estate & Planning Working Papers rep-wp2008-09, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Sofia Dermisi & John F. McDonald, 2010. "Selling Prices/sq.ft. of Office Buildings in Downtown Chicago – How Much Is It Worth to Be an Old But Class A Building?," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 32(1), pages 1-22.
- Franz Fuerst & Patrick McAllister & Claudia Murray, 2009. "Designer Buildings: An Evaluation of the Price Impacts of Signature Architects," Real Estate & Planning Working Papers rep-wp2009-10, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Franz Fuerst, 2008.
"Office Rent Determinants: a Hedonic Panel Analysis,"
Real Estate & Planning Working Papers
rep-wp2008-12, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Fuerst, Franz, 2007. "Office Rent Determinants: A Hedonic Panel Analysis," MPRA Paper 11445, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.