Stochastic non-smooth envelopment of data: semi-parametric frontier estimation subject to shape constraints
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Productivity Analysis.
Volume (Year): 38 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100296
Data envelopment analysis (DEA); Frontier estimation; Nonparametric least squares; Productive efficiency analysis; Stochastic frontier analysis (SFA); C14; C51; D24;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, Chia-Yen & Johnson, Andrew L. & Moreno-Centeno, Erick & Kuosmanen, Timo, 2013. "A more efficient algorithm for Convex Nonparametric Least Squares," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 227(2), pages 391-400.
- Kuosmanen, Timo & Fosgerau, Mogens, 2009.
"Neoclassical versus frontier production models? Testing for the skewness of regression residuals,"
24208, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Timo Kuosmanen & Mogens Fosgerau, 2009. "Neoclassical versus Frontier Production Models? Testing for the Skewness of Regression Residuals," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 111(2), pages 351-367, 06.
- Andrew Johnson & Timo Kuosmanen, 2011. "One-stage estimation of the effects of operational conditions and practices on productive performance: asymptotically normal and efficient, root-n consistent StoNEZD method," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 219-230, October.
- Andor, Mark & Hesse, Frederik, 2011. "A Monte Carlo simulation comparing DEA, SFA and two simple approaches to combine efficiency estimates," CAWM Discussion Papers 51, Center of Applied Economic Research Münster (CAWM), University of Münster.
- Minegishi, Kota, 2013. "Explaining Production Heterogeneity By Contextual Environments: Two-Stage DEA Application to Technical Change Measurement," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150289, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Andrés J. Picazo-Tadeo & Mercedes Beltrán-Esteve & José A. Gómez-Limón, 2011.
"Assessing eco-efficiency with directional distance functions,"
1110, Department of Applied Economics II, Universidad de Valencia.
- Picazo-Tadeo, Andrés J. & Beltrán-Esteve, Mercedes & Gómez-Limón, José A., 2012. "Assessing eco-efficiency with directional distance functions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 220(3), pages 798-809.
- Kuosmanen, Timo, 2012. "Stochastic semi-nonparametric frontier estimation of electricity distribution networks: Application of the StoNED method in the Finnish regulatory model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 2189-2199.
- Boussemart, Jean-Philippe & Leleu, Herve & Ojo, Oluwaseun, 2011.
"Could Society’s willingness to reduce pesticide use be aligned with Farmers’ economic self-interest?,"
2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland
120402, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Boussemart, Jean-Philippe & Leleu, Hervé & Ojo, Oluwaseun, 2011. "Could society's willingness to reduce pesticide use be aligned with farmers' economic self-interest?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(10), pages 1797-1804, August.
- Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Hervé Leleu & Oluwaseun Ojo, 2010. "Could Society’s willingness to reduce pesticide use be aligned with Farmers’ economic self-interest?," Working Papers 2010-ECO-03, IESEG School of Management.
- Mark Andor & Frederik Hesse, . "A Monte Carlo Simulation comparing DEA, SFA and two simple approaches to combine efficiency estimates," Working Papers 201177, Institute of Spatial and Housing Economics, Munster Universitary.
- Lin, Rung-Chuan & Sir, Mustafa Y. & Pasupathy, Kalyan S., 2013. "Multi-objective simulation optimization using data envelopment analysis and genetic algorithm: Specific application to determining optimal resource levels in surgical services," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 881-892.
- Mark Andor & Frederik Hesse, . "The StoNED age: The Departure Into a New Era of Efficiency Analysis? An MC study Comparing StoNED and the "Oldies" (SFA and DEA)," Working Papers 201285, Institute of Spatial and Housing Economics, Munster Universitary.
- Andor, Mark & Hesse, Frederik, 2012. "The StoNED age: The departure into a new era of efficiency analysis? An MC study comparing StoNED and the "oldies" (SFA and DEA)," CAWM Discussion Papers 60, Center of Applied Economic Research Münster (CAWM), University of Münster.
- E Thanassoulis & M Kortelainen & G Johnes & Jill Johnes, 2009. "Costs and Efficiency of Higher Education Institutions in England: A DEA Analysis," Working Papers 598827, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- George Halkos & Nickolaos Tzeremes, 2013. "National culture and eco-efficiency: an application of conditional partial nonparametric frontiers," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 15(4), pages 423-441, October.
- Kortelainen, Mika, 2008. "Estimation of semiparametric stochastic frontiers under shape constraints with application to pollution generating technologies," MPRA Paper 9257, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.