The impact of taxes and transfer payments on the distribution of income: A parametric comparison
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The Journal of Economic Inequality.
Volume (Year): 5 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=111137
distribution of income; Gini coefficient; generalized beta; Dagum; Singh–Madalla;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Murphy, Kevin M & Welch, Finis, 1992. "The Structure of Wages," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 107(1), pages 285-326, February.
- Parker, Simon C., 1999. "The generalised beta as a model for the distribution of earnings," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 197-200, February.
- Gerald Auten & Robert Carroll, 1999. "The Effect Of Income Taxes On Household Income," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(4), pages 681-693, November.
- McDonald, James B, 1984. "Some Generalized Functions for the Size Distribution of Income," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 647-63, May.
- David Altig & Charles T. Carlstrom, 1996.
"Marginal tax rates and income inequality in a life-cycle model,"
9621, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Charles T. Carlstrom & David Altig, 1999. "Marginal Tax Rates and Income Inequality in a Life-Cycle Model," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1197-1215, December.
- David Card & Thomas Lemieux, 2001.
"Can Falling Supply Explain The Rising Return To College For Younger Men? A Cohort-Based Analysis,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 116(2), pages 705-746, May.
- David Card & Thomas Lemieux, 2000. "Can Falling Supply Explain the Rising Return to College for Younger Men? A Cohort-Based Analysis," NBER Working Papers 7655, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McDonald, James B. & Xu, Yexiao J., 1995.
"A generalization of the beta distribution with applications,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 427-428, October.
- McDonald, James B. & Xu, Yexiao J., 1995. "A generalization of the beta distribution with applications," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 133-152.
- Thurow, Lester C, 1970. "Analyzing the American Income Distribution," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(2), pages 261-69, May.
- Sarabia, Jose Maria & Castillo, Enrique & Slottje, Daniel J., 2002. "Lorenz ordering between McDonald's generalized functions of the income size distribution," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 265-270, April.
- L. Israelsen & J. McDonald, . "Measurement error and the distribution of income," Working Papers 2000-18, Utah State University, Department of Economics.
- Salem, A B Z & Mount, T D, 1974. "A Convenient Descriptive Model of Income Distribution: The Gamma Density," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(6), pages 1115-27, November.
- Singh, S K & Maddala, G S, 1976. "A Function for Size Distribution of Incomes," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(5), pages 963-70, September.
- Topel, Robert H, 1994. "Regional Labor Markets and the Determinants of Wage Inequality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 17-22, May.
- Gottschalk, Peter & Smeeding, Timothy M., 2000. "Empirical evidence on income inequality in industrialized countries," Handbook of Income Distribution, in: A.B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon (ed.), Handbook of Income Distribution, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 5, pages 261-307 Elsevier.
- Brzezinski, Michal, 2013.
"Asymptotic and bootstrap inference for top income shares,"
Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 10-13.
- Michał Brzeziński, 2013. "Asymptotic and bootstrap inference for top income shares," Working Papers 2013-01, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Markus Jäntti & Stephen Jenkins, 2010. "The impact of macroeconomic conditions on income inequality," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 221-240, June.
- Antoni Bosch-Domènech & José Montalvo & Rosemarie Nagel & Albert Satorra, 2010. "A finite mixture analysis of beauty-contest data using generalized beta distributions," Experimental Economics, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 461-475, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.