Statistical inference for aggregates of Farrell-type efficiencies
AbstractIn this study, we merge results of two recent directions in efficiency analysis research-aggregation and bootstrap-applied, as an example, to one of the most popular point estimators of individual efficiency: the data envelopment analysis (DEA) estimator. A natural context of the methodology developed here is a study of efficiency of a particular economic system (e.g., an industry) as a whole, or a comparison of efficiencies of distinct groups within such a system (e.g., regulated vs. non-regulated firms or private vs. public firms). Our methodology is justified by the (neoclassical) economic theory and is supported by carefully adapted statistical methods. Copyright © 2007 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Journal of Applied Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 22 (2007)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2000.
"A general methodology for bootstrapping in non-parametric frontier models,"
Journal of Applied Statistics,
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 27(6), pages 779-802.
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1998. "A General Methodology for Bootstrapping in Nonparametric Frontier Models," Papers 9811, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1999. "Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: the State of the Art," Papers 9904, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Léopold Simar & Paul W. Wilson, 1998.
"Sensitivity Analysis of Efficiency Scores: How to Bootstrap in Nonparametric Frontier Models,"
INFORMS, vol. 44(1), pages 49-61, January.
- SIMAR, Léopold & WILSON, Paul, 1995. "Sensitivity Analysis to Efficiency Scores : How to Bootstrap in Nonparametric Frontier Models," CORE Discussion Papers 1995043, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2005.
"Aggregation of Malmquist Productivity Indexes,"
34689, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ylvinger, Svante, 2000. "Industry performance and structural efficiency measures: Solutions to problems in firm models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 121(1), pages 164-174, February.
- Robert Russell, R., 1990. "Continuity of measures of technical efficiency," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 255-267, August.
- Park, B.U. & Simar, L. & Weiner, Ch., 2000. "The Fdh Estimator For Productivity Efficiency Scores," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(06), pages 855-877, December.
- Tsybakov, A.B. & Korostelev, A.P. & Simar, L., 1992. "Efficient Estimation of Monotone Boundaries," Papers 9209, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Valentin Zelenyuk & Vitaliy Zheka, 2006. "Corporate Governance and Firm’s Efficiency: The Case of a Transitional Country, Ukraine," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 143-157, 04.
- Kneip, Alois & Park, Byeong U. & Simar, L opold, 1998. "A Note On The Convergence Of Nonparametric Dea Estimators For Production Efficiency Scores," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(06), pages 783-793, December.
- Simar, L., 1991. "Estimating efficiencies from frontier models with panel data: a comparison of parametric, non-parametric and semi-parametric methods with boot strapping," CORE Discussion Papers 1991026, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ksenia Yudaeva & Konstantin Kozlov & Natalia Melentieva & Natalia Ponomareva, 2003. "Does foreign ownership matter?," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 11(3), pages 383-409, 09.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statistics
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.