Nonnegativity Constraints and Intratemporal Uncertainty in a Multi-good Life-Cycle Model
AbstractIn a standard multi-good life-cycle consumption model (with intertemporal additive utility) the intratemporal relations between the marginal utilities of the different goods are deterministic. However, these deterministic identities will not usually be satisfied by the data. To avoid these deterministic relationships, we apply an approach which consists of introducing intratemporal uncertainty, and which is, in particular, interesting when additional nonnegativity constraints are present. We estimate some simple versions of the model with this so-called intratemporal uncertainty. The estimation results are, in general, in accordance with the theory, and most versions of the model are not rejected by Hansen and Singleton's misspecification test. Copyright 1995 by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Journal of Applied Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 10 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 (Jan.-March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kelly, Clare & Gauthier Lanot, 2002.
"Consumption Patterns over Pay Periods,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002
112, Royal Economic Society.
- Clare Kelly & Gauthier Lanot, 2002. "Consumption Patterns over Pay Periods," Microeconomics 0211013, EconWPA.
- Kelly, Clare & Gauthier Lanot, 2002. "Consumption Patterns Over Pay Periods," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 656, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Clare Kelly & Gauthier Lanot, 2002. "Consumption Patterns over Pay Periods," Keele Economics Research Papers KERP 2002/14, Centre for Economic Research, Keele University.
- Einmahl, J.H.J. & Keilegom, I. van, 2004.
"Goodness-of-fit Tests in Nonparametric Regression,"
2004-12, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Melenberg, Bertrand, 1997. "Life cycle consumption models with uncertainty within periods," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 1-4, November.
- Einmahl, J.H.J. & Keilegom, I. van, 2006.
"Tests for Independence in Nonparametric Regression,"
2006-80, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Einmahl, J.H.J. & Keilegom, I. van, 2008. "Tests for independence in nonparametric regression," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-192434, Tilburg University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.