Nonnegativity Constraints and Intratemporal Uncertainty in a Multi-good Life-Cycle Model
AbstractIn a standard multi-good life-cycle consumption model (with intertemporal additive utility) the intratemporal relations between the marginal utilities of the different goods are deterministic. However, these deterministic identities will not usually be satisfied by the data. To avoid these deterministic relationships, we apply an approach which consists of introducing intratemporal uncertainty, and which is, in particular, interesting when additional nonnegativity constraints are present. We estimate some simple versions of the model with this so-called intratemporal uncertainty. The estimation results are, in general, in accordance with the theory, and most versions of the model are not rejected by Hansen and Singleton's misspecification test. Copyright 1995 by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Journal of Applied Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 10 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 (Jan.-March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kelly, Clare & Gauthier Lanot, 2002.
"Consumption Patterns over Pay Periods,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002
112, Royal Economic Society.
- Clare Kelly & Gauthier Lanot, 2002. "Consumption Patterns over Pay Periods," Keele Economics Research Papers KERP 2002/14, Centre for Economic Research, Keele University.
- Clare Kelly & Gauthier Lanot, 2002. "Consumption Patterns over Pay Periods," Microeconomics 0211013, EconWPA.
- Kelly, Clare & Gauthier Lanot, 2002. "Consumption Patterns Over Pay Periods," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 656, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Einmahl, J.H.J. & Keilegom, I. van, 2004.
"Goodness-of-fit Tests in Nonparametric Regression,"
2004-12, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Einmahl, J.H.J. & Keilegom, I. van, 2006.
"Tests for Independence in Nonparametric Regression,"
2006-80, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Einmahl, J.H.J. & Keilegom, I. van, 2008. "Tests for independence in nonparametric regression," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-192434, Tilburg University.
- Melenberg, Bertrand, 1997. "Life cycle consumption models with uncertainty within periods," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 1-4, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.