Violations of Cumulative Prospect Theory in Mixed Gambles with Moderate Probabilities
AbstractIn a classroom choice experiment with mixed gambles and moderate probabilities, we find severe violations of cumulative prospect theory (CPT) and of Markowitz stochastic dominance. Our results shed new light on the exchange between Levy and Levy (2002) and Wakker (2003) in this journal.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 52 (2006)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
cumulative prospect theory; expected utility; mixed gambles; stochastic dominance; individual decision making under risk;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- EECKHOUDT, Louis & SCHELSINGER, Harris & TSETLIN, Ilia, .
"Apportioning of risks via stochastic dominance,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-2096, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Cumova, Denisa & Nawrocki, David, 2014. "Portfolio optimization in an upside potential and downside risk framework," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 68-89.
- Gaudecker, H.M. von & Soest, A.H.O. van & Wengstrom, E., 2011.
"Heterogeneity in risky choice behavior in a broad population,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3857699, Tilburg University.
- Hans-Martin von Gaudecker & Arthur van Soest & Erik Wengstrom, 2011. "Heterogeneity in Risky Choice Behavior in a Broad Population," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(2), pages 664-94, April.
- Gaudecker, H.M. von & Soest, A.H.O. van & Wengstrom, E., 2009. "Heterogeneity in Risky Choice Behavior in a Broad Population," Discussion Paper 2009-12, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gaudecker, Hans-Martin von & van Soest, Arthur & Wengström, Erik, 2009. "Heterogeneity in Risky Choice Behaviour in a Broad Population," IZA Discussion Papers 4022, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rina Rosenblatt-Wisch, 2007.
"Loss Aversion in Aggregate Macroeconomic Time Series,"
2007-06, Swiss National Bank.
- Rosenblatt-Wisch, Rina, 2008. "Loss aversion in aggregate macroeconomic time series," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(7), pages 1140-1159, October.
- Greco, Salvatore & Rindone, Fabio, 2011.
"The bipolar Choquet integral representation,"
38957, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Oct 2011.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.