Violations of Cumulative Prospect Theory in Mixed Gambles with Moderate Probabilities
AbstractIn a classroom choice experiment with mixed gambles and moderate probabilities, we find severe violations of cumulative prospect theory (CPT) and of Markowitz stochastic dominance. Our results shed new light on the exchange between Levy and Levy (2002) and Wakker (2003) in this journal.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 52 (2006)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
cumulative prospect theory; expected utility; mixed gambles; stochastic dominance; individual decision making under risk;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gaudecker, H.M. von & Soest, A.H.O. van & Wengstrom, E., 2009.
"Heterogeneity in Risky Choice Behavior in a Broad Population,"
2009-12, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hans-Martin von Gaudecker & Arthur van Soest & Erik Wengstrom, 2011. "Heterogeneity in Risky Choice Behavior in a Broad Population," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(2), pages 664-94, April.
- Gaudecker, H.M. von & Soest, A.H.O. van & Wengstrom, E., 2011. "Heterogeneity in risky choice behavior in a broad population," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3857699, Tilburg University.
- Gaudecker, Hans-Martin von & van Soest, Arthur & Wengström, Erik, 2009. "Heterogeneity in Risky Choice Behaviour in a Broad Population," IZA Discussion Papers 4022, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Greco, Salvatore & Rindone, Fabio, 2011. "The bipolar Choquet integral representation," MPRA Paper 38957, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Oct 2011.
- Louis Eeckhoudt & Harris Schlesinger & Ilia Tsetlin, 2008.
"Apportioning of Risks via Stochastic Dominance,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2467, CESifo Group Munich.
- Rosenblatt-Wisch, Rina, 2008.
"Loss aversion in aggregate macroeconomic time series,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 52(7), pages 1140-1159, October.
- Rina Rosenblatt-Wisch, 2007. "Loss Aversion in Aggregate Macroeconomic Time Series," Working Papers 2007-06, Swiss National Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.