Models for Supply Chains in E-Business
AbstractSupply chain management is likely to play an important role in the digital economy. In this paper, we first describe major issues in traditional supply chain management. Next, we focus our attention on the supply chain issues of visibility, supplier relationships, distribution and pricing, customization, and real-time decision technologies that have risen to importance with the prevalence of e-business. We present an overview of relevant analytical research models that have been developed in these areas, discuss their contributions, and conclude with a discussion on future modeling opportunities in this area.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 49 (2003)
Issue (Month): 10 (October)
Supply Chain Management; Electronic Business; Collaboration; Information Sharing; Decision Support; Supplier Relations; Procurement; Distribution; Customization; Literature Survey;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kyu Kim, Kyung & Yul Ryoo, Sung & Dug Jung, Myung, 2011. "Inter-organizational information systems visibility in buyer-supplier relationships: The case of telecommunication equipment component manufacturing industry," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 667-676, December.
- Bayraktar, Erkan & Lenny Koh, S.C. & Gunasekaran, A. & Sari, Kazim & Tatoglu, Ekrem, 2008. "The role of forecasting on bullwhip effect for E-SCM applications," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 193-204, May.
- Afshin Mansouri, S. & Gallear, David & Askariazad, Mohammad H., 2012. "Decision support for build-to-order supply chain management through multiobjective optimization," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 135(1), pages 24-36.
- Ketter, W. & Collins, J. & Gini, M. & Gupta, A. & Schrater, P., 2011. "Real-time Tactical and Strategic Sales Management for Intelligent Agents Guided By Economic Regimes," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2011-012-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Melanie Fritz & Maurizio Canavari, 2008. "Management of perceived e-business risks in food-supply networks: e-trust as prerequisite for supply-chain system innovation," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(3), pages 355-368.
- Li, Xiuhui & Wang, Qinan, 2007. "Coordination mechanisms of supply chain systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 179(1), pages 1-16, May.
- Xing, Wei & Wang, Shouyang & Liu, Liming, 2012. "Optimal ordering and pricing strategies in the presence of a B2B spot market," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 221(1), pages 87-98.
- Lurie, Nicholas H. & Swaminathan, Jayashankar M., 2009. "Is timely information always better? The effect of feedback frequency on decision making," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 315-329, March.
- Chen, Liang-Tu, 2014. "Optimal dynamic policies for integrated production and marketing planning in business-to-business marketplaces," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 46-53.
- Mahar, Stephen & Bretthauer, Kurt M. & Venkataramanan, M.A., 2009. "The value of virtual pooling in dual sales channel supply chains," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 192(2), pages 561-575, January.
- Fang, Xin & Zhang, Cheng & Robb, David J. & Blackburn, Joseph D., 2013. "Decision support for lead time and demand variability reduction," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 390-396.
- Prajogo, Daniel & Olhager, Jan, 2012. "Supply chain integration and performance: The effects of long-term relationships, information technology and sharing, and logistics integration," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 135(1), pages 514-522.
- Chen, Yun Chu & Fang, Shu-Cherng & Wen, Ue-Pyng, 2013. "Pricing policies for substitutable products in a supply chain with Internet and traditional channels," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 224(3), pages 542-551.
- Arshinder & Kanda, Arun & Deshmukh, S.G., 2008. "Supply chain coordination: Perspectives, empirical studies and research directions," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 316-335, October.
- Ciancimino, Elena & Cannella, Salvatore & Bruccoleri, Manfredi & Framinan, Jose M., 2012. "On the Bullwhip Avoidance Phase: The Synchronised Supply Chain," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 221(1), pages 49-63.
- Gunasekaran, Angappa & Ngai, Eric W.T., 2009. "Modeling and analysis of build-to-order supply chains," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 195(2), pages 319-334, June.
- Caridi, Maria & Crippa, Luca & Perego, Alessandro & Sianesi, Andrea & Tumino, Angela, 2010. "Do virtuality and complexity affect supply chain visibility?," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 127(2), pages 372-383, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.