Supply Contract Competition and Sourcing Policies
AbstractAdvances in information technology have opened new venues for companies to create flexible supply chains by offering high-speed communication and tight connectivity. A growing number of companies are taking advantage of new opportunities to outsource portions of their production and other operations. Given the importance of the supplier selection process in the ultimate success of a product, a purchasing manager must understand the different sourcing strategies that she or he can use and the suitability of each sourcing arrangements for her or him. This paper provides an overview of the research that has been done in the fields of operations research and economics on the topic of sourcing strategies. In aggregate, this paper provides a blueprint of what market characteristics can heavily influence a buyer-supplier relationship and, hence, are important to identify and incorporate into the supplier selection process.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Manufacturing & Service Operations Management.
Volume (Year): 2 (2000)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
auctions; sole; dual; parallel; and multiple sourcing; mechanism design; procurement; outsourcing;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Charles X. & Webster, Scott & Zhang, Sidong, 2011. "A comparison of two sourcing tactics for a new component," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 211(2), pages 310-317, June.
- Hazra, Jishnu & Mahadevan, B., 2009. "A procurement model using capacity reservation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 193(1), pages 303-316, February.
- Lorentziadis, Panos L., 2014. "Pricing in a supply chain for auction bidding under information asymmetry," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 237(3), pages 871-886.
- Silbermayr, Lena & Minner, Stefan, 2014. "A multiple sourcing inventory model under disruption risk," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 37-46.
- James J. Anton & Sandro Brusco & Giuseppe Lopomo, 2010.
"Split-Award Procurement Auctions with Uncertain Scale Economies: Theory and Data,"
10-32, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Anton, James J. & Brusco, Sandro & Lopomo, Giuseppe, 2010. "Split-award procurement auctions with uncertain scale economies: Theory and data," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 24-41, May.
- Eng, Shao Wei Lester & Chew, Ek Peng & Lee, Loo Hay, 2014. "Impacts of supplier knowledge sharing competences and production capacities on radical innovative product sourcing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 232(1), pages 41-51.
- Han, Chaodong & Porterfield, Tobin & Li, Xiaolin, 2012. "Impact of industry competition on contract manufacturing: An empirical study of U.S. manufacturers," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 138(1), pages 159-169.
- James J. Anton & Sandro Brusco & Giuseppe Lopomo, 2007. "Coordination in Split-Award Auctions with Uncertain Scale Economies: Theory and Data," Department of Economics Working Papers 07-02, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.