Expected Waiting Time for Nonsymmetric Cyclic Queueing Systems---Exact Results and Applications
AbstractThis paper provides the expected waiting time of a nonsymmetric cyclic server queueing system with Poisson traffic, arbitrary switchover and arbitrary service times. For n the number of queues, the expected waiting time is obtained using n equations which is a significant improvement over the previous best result which requires solution of n 2 equations. Computer, manufacturing and other applications are discussed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 35 (1989)
Issue (Month): 12 (December)
queueing; waiting times; cyclic queueing: complexity; applications; performance modelling: local area network; inventory: stochastic multiproduct systems;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gupta, Diwakar & Gunalay, Yavuz & Srinivasan, Mandyam M., 2001. "The relationship between preventive maintenance and manufacturing system performance," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 132(1), pages 146-162, July.
- Broersma, Andreas L. A. & Sierksma, Gerard & Wijngaard, Jacob, 2002. "Decomposed vs integrated control of a one-stage production system," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 138(3), pages 569-577, May.
- Kamath B, Narasimha & Bhattacharya, Subir, 2007. "Lead time minimization of a multi-product, single-processor system: A comparison of cyclic policies," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 28-40, March.
- Broersma, A.L.A. & Sierksma, G. & Wijngaard, J., 1999. "Decomposed versus integrated control of a one-stage production system," Research Report 99A18, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Sharafali, Moosa & Co, Henry C. & Goh, Mark, 2004. "Production scheduling in a flexible manufacturing system under random demand," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 158(1), pages 89-102, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.