A Lot-Sizing Algorithm for Reducing Nervousness in MRP Systems
AbstractPrevious work dealt with the problems of nervousness in Material Requirements Planning (MRP) Systems when production schedules were modified to include setups which previously had not been scheduled. In this work we further examine nervousness and its cost. By modifying the setup costs used in the Wagner-Whitin algorithm, we develop a generalized solution methodology for dealing with situations in which new setups are added to the production schedule and existing setups are cancelled.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 30 (1984)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
inventory/production: deterministic models; material requirements planning; dynamic programming;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sahin, Funda & Powell Robinson, E. & Gao, Li-Lian, 2008. "Master production scheduling policy and rolling schedules in a two-stage make-to-order supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 528-541, October.
- Tunc, Huseyin & Kilic, Onur A. & Tarim, S. Armagan & Eksioglu, Burak, 2013. "A simple approach for assessing the cost of system nervousness," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 619-625.
- Kilic, Onur A. & Tarim, S. Armagan, 2011. "An investigation of setup instability in non-stationary stochastic inventory systems," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 286-292, September.
- Chakravarty, Amiya K. & Balakrishnan, Nagraj, 1998. "Reacting in real-time to production contingencies in a capacitated flexible cell," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 110(1), pages 1-19, October.
- de Kok, Ton & Inderfurth, Karl, 1997. "Nervousness in inventory management: Comparison of basic control rules," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 55-82, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.