A Lot-Sizing Algorithm for Reducing Nervousness in MRP Systems
AbstractPrevious work dealt with the problems of nervousness in Material Requirements Planning (MRP) Systems when production schedules were modified to include setups which previously had not been scheduled. In this work we further examine nervousness and its cost. By modifying the setup costs used in the Wagner-Whitin algorithm, we develop a generalized solution methodology for dealing with situations in which new setups are added to the production schedule and existing setups are cancelled.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 30 (1984)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
inventory/production: deterministic models; material requirements planning; dynamic programming;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- de Kok, Ton & Inderfurth, Karl, 1997. "Nervousness in inventory management: Comparison of basic control rules," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 55-82, November.
- Tunc, Huseyin & Kilic, Onur A. & Tarim, S. Armagan & Eksioglu, Burak, 2013. "A simple approach for assessing the cost of system nervousness," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 619-625.
- Kilic, Onur A. & Tarim, S. Armagan, 2011. "An investigation of setup instability in non-stationary stochastic inventory systems," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 286-292, September.
- Chakravarty, Amiya K. & Balakrishnan, Nagraj, 1998. "Reacting in real-time to production contingencies in a capacitated flexible cell," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 110(1), pages 1-19, October.
- Sahin, Funda & Powell Robinson, E. & Gao, Li-Lian, 2008. "Master production scheduling policy and rolling schedules in a two-stage make-to-order supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 528-541, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.