The Myth of Objectivity OR Why Science Needs a New Psychology of Science
AbstractFor the past two years I have been studying a group of over forty eminent physical scientists. I have repeatedly interviewed (there are over 220 hours of tape-recorded interviews) and questioned them about their methodology and attitudes towards science and scientists. The purpose of my study has been to find out how practicing scientists actually do science and what they think about the nature of science.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 18 (1972)
Issue (Month): 10 (June)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- JS Armstrong & Roderick J. Brodie & Andrew G. Parsons, 2004. "Hypotheses in Marketing Science: Literature Review and Publication Audit," General Economics and Teaching 0412013, EconWPA.
- J. Scott Armstrong, 1979.
"Advocacy and Objectivity in Science,"
INFORMS, vol. 25(5), pages 423-428, May.
- JS Armstrong, 2004.
"Discovery and Communication of Important Marketing Findings: Evidence and Proposals,"
General Economics and Teaching
- Armstrong, J. Scott, 2003. "Discovery and communication of important marketing findings: Evidence and proposals," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 69-84, January.
- JS Armstrong, 2005. "Research on Scientific Journals: Implications for Editors and Authors," General Economics and Teaching 0502059, EconWPA.
- Oliva, Rogelio, 2003. "Model calibration as a testing strategy for system dynamics models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 151(3), pages 552-568, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.