Challenges And Requirements For Sustainable Development Of Romania’S Agriculture Based On The Input-Output Analysis
AbstractThe paper analyzes economic interconnection generated by Romanian agriculture as supplier and producer in the context of inputoutput tables compiled for the national economy in 2003, 2004 and 2009 with 34 industries, in producer current prices. The purpose of study is to outline the number of industries with which agriculture is interrelated as output supplier and input consumer (technical coefficients aij), the structure of final consumption and gross value added, the importance of exports, imports and gross fixed capital formation. The main conclusions reveal the necessity of recovering and expanding the diversification potential of products and services in agriculture, increasing investments in high tech and more efficient activities processing raw materials offered by agriculture.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute of National Economy in its journal Romanian Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 35 (2012(XXII))
Issue (Month): 2(44) (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13 Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 318.24.67
Fax: 004 021 318.24.67
Web page: http://www.ien.ro/
More information through EDIRC
intermediate output; inputs; final consumption; technical coefficients; export; import; gross fixed capital formation; backward and foreward dependencies.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
- O13 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentina Vasile).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.