Management benchmarks of cultural policy
AbstractAs public policy, cultural policy focuses on providing conditions for free and undisturbed exercise of cultural rights: right to culture and information, right to cultural identity, right of intellectual property protection, right of participation in cultural life, etc.Cultural rights are specified as a distinct class in the catalogue of international principles regarding culture created by The Cultural Diversity Network, consisting of ministers in charge from many countries such as: cultural heritage preservation, free movement of works and creators, dialogue between cultures, diversity promotion, etc.In this respect, it defines also “the intervention areas” along with actions to be taken, so that each stage of cultural policy, understood as a process of continuous construction, should gain more value. Therefore, as public policy, cultural policy has an undisputed impact on urban/rural areas/territories, at least according to the authorities’ intention to correct some discrepances as regards the number and location of cultural services in the community area, their equipping, easy access of inhabitants to cultural institutions, the density and representativity of the cultural life itself.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute of National Economy in its journal Romanian Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 33 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2(42) (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13 Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 318.24.67
Fax: 004 021 318.24.67
Web page: http://www.ien.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Cultural economics; Economics of the Arts and Literature; Public goods; Development Planning and Policy; Political economy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
- Z11 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economics of the Arts and Literature
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- O2 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gheorghe ZAMAN & Valentina VASILE, 2009. "Economic Contribution Of Copyright-Based Industries And Impact On Employment And Performance Indicators In Knowledge-Based Society Developing In Romania," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 28(1(37)), pages 27-53, June.
- Valentina VASILE & Valeriu IOAN-FRANC, 2008. "Employment And Welfare," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 27(2(36)), pages 19-39, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentina Vasile).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.