Current Perspectives and Challenges of Biofuel Production and Consumption
AbstractThis is the first article in a series meant to identify secondary effects of fuel production and consumption.The article presents, in synthesis, the main ideas and contributions of the paper “Economic effects of biofuels production and consumption in Romania”, written by the authors in 2009 within the research programme of the Institute of National Economy: Economic-social mechanisms and policies of increasing environmental factors in accordance with the European and world programs for diminishing the effects of the world resources crisis. The paper pursues the adjustment process of fossil fuel consumption to the rigors of an economy aiming to diminish carbon-composites emissions in atmosphere. At the same time, it is a warning regarding the secondary effects that might occur from the overblown consumption and production of first-generation biofuel.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute of National Economy in its journal Romanian Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 31 (2010(XX))
Issue (Month): 2(40) (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13 Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 318.24.67
Fax: 004 021 318.24.67
Web page: http://www.ien.ro/
More information through EDIRC
biofuel; production potential; EU strategy for biofuels; subventions; secondary effects;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- L65 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Chemicals; Rubber; Drugs; Biotechnology
- L71 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Mining, Extraction, and Refining: Hydrocarbon Fuels
- Q42 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Alternative Energy Sources
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statistics
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentina Vasile).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.