Lack-Of-Recall And Centralized Monetary Trade
AbstractWe introduce "lack-of-recall" of past transactions as an alternative assumption to anonymity in a model where trade is centralized. In environments where there is an intertemporal lack-of-double-coincidence of wants problem and lack-of-commitment, lack-of-recall can give rise to monetary equilibria that dominate nonmonetary outcomes in terms of welfare. Copyright 2004 by the Economics Department Of The University Of Pennsylvania And Osaka University Institute Of Social And Economic Research Association.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association in its journal International Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 45 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 160 McNeil Building, 3718 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6297
Phone: (215) 898-8487
Fax: (215) 573-2057
Web page: http://www.econ.upenn.edu/ier
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Irina A. Telyukova & Ludo Visschers, 2009.
"Precautionary Demand for Money in a Monetary Business Cycle Model,"
EIEF Working Papers Series
0906, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Jun 2009.
- Irina A. Telyukova & Ludo Visschers, 2011. "Precautionary demand for money in a monetary business cycle model," Economics Working Papers we1142, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Telyukova, Irina A. & Visschers, Ludo, 2009. "Precautionary Demand for Money in a Monetary Business Cycle Model," MPRA Paper 15622, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Telyukova, Irina A. & Visschers, Ludo, 2011. "Precautionary demand for money in a monetary business cycle model," MPRA Paper 36905, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Telyukova, Irina A. & Visschers, Ludo, 2013. "Precautionary money demand in a business-cycle model," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(8), pages 900-916.
- Kahn, Charles M. & Roberds, William, 2009. "Why pay? An introduction to payments economics," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-23, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.