Land Related Disputes and Conflicts in Romania
AbstractAfter December 1989, the Romanian government made efforts to re-establish a coherent legal and institutional framework for private rights in land but the whole process has been characterized by instability, incoherence and unjustified delays. The restitution of land properties in private ownership was a conflicting process due to divergent economic and social interests within the social base. At the beginning the restitution and privatization process was conflicted for ideological purposes mainly since decades of communist ideology advocated the equalitarian dogma, which was deeply rooted within the mentality of many people. Later on the conflicts were mainly driven by different economic interests. The actual number of land related disputes and conflicts are barely known, but estimates of these are high.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute of Agricultural Economics in its journal Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
Volume (Year): 8 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13 Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 3182411
Fax: 004 021 3182411
Web page: http://www.eadr.ro/
More information through EDIRC
land conflict; land reform; rural space; ownership relations.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- P29 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Other
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
- R10 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas, Joachim, 2006. "Property Rights, Land Fragmentation and the Emerging Structure of Agriculture in Central and Eastern European Countries," eJADE: electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, vol. 3(2).
- Rusu, Marioara, 2012. "Territorial Distribution Of Land Conflict Types In The Rural Area From Argeş County," Agricultural Economics and Rural Development, Institute of Agricultural Economics, vol. 9(1), pages 61-70.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.