AMEX-to-NYSE Transfers, Market Microstructure, and Shareholder Wealth
AbstractEach year some corporate managers decide to change the listing of their firm's common stock from the American Stock Exchange (AMEX) to the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). In making this decision to switch auction markets, managers presumably act in the best interests of their shareholders. The potential implications of this managerial decision are far-reaching because differences between the AMEX and NYSE may affect security returns and share value. Little empirical research is available about whether shareholders benefit if a firm switches the trading location of its common stock from the AMEX to the NYSE.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Financial Management Association in its journal Financial Management.
Volume (Year): 21 (1992)
Issue (Month): 4 (Winter)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of South Florida 4202 E. Fowler Ave. COBA #3331 Tampa, FL 33620
Web page: http://www.fma.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McConnell, John J. & Dybevik, Heidi J. & Haushalter, David & Lie, Erik, 1996. "A survey of evidence on domestic and international stock exchange listings with implications for markets and managers," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 347-376, December.
- A.K Cisse, 2011. "Transfert de marché de cotation : Motivations et Conséquences," Post-Print halshs-00658730, HAL.
- Yang, Chau-Chen & Baker, H. Kent & Chou, Li-Chuan & Lu, Bo-Wei, 2009. "Does switching from NASDAQ to the NYSE affect investment-cash flow sensitivity?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(10), pages 1007-1012, October.
- Richie, Nivine & Madura, Jeff, 2007. "Impact of the QQQ on liquidity and risk of the underlying stocks," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 411-421, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Courtney Connors) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Courtney Connors to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.