Interest rates and economic announcements
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis in its journal Review.
Volume (Year): (1989)
Issue (Month): Mar ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brunner, Karl & Meltzer, Allan H., 1984. "Monetary and fiscal policies and their application," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-5, January.
- Campbell, John & Shiller, Robert, 1987.
"Cointegration and Tests of Present Value Models,"
3122490, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- John Y. Campbell & Robert J. Shiller, 1986. "Cointegration and Tests of Present Value Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 785, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- John Y. Campbell & Robert J. Shiller, 1988. "Cointegration and Tests of Present Value Models," NBER Working Papers 1885, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hardouvelis, Gikas A., 1987. "Macroeconomic information and stock prices," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 131-140, May.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1982. "Inflation, Output, and Money," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(2), pages 201-31, April.
- Belongia, Michael T & Sheehan, Richard G, 1987. "The Informational Efficiency of Weekly Money Announcements: An Econometric Critique," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 5(3), pages 351-56, July.
- Michael J. Fleming & Eli M. Remolona, 1996. "Price formation and liquidity in the U.S. treasuries market: evidence from intraday patterns around announcements," Research Paper 9633, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Nikolaus Hautsch & Dieter Hess, 2004.
"Bayesian Learning in Financial Markets: Testing for the Relevance of Information Precision in Price Discovery,"
04-17, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Hautsch, Nikolaus & Hess, Dieter, 2007. "Bayesian Learning in Financial Markets: Testing for the Relevance of Information Precision in Price Discovery," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(01), pages 189-208, March.
- Hautsch, Nikolaus & Hess, Dieter, 2004. "Bayesian learning in financial markets: Testing for the relevance of information precision in price discovery," CFR Working Papers 04-10, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Nikolaus Hautsch & Dieter Hess, 2004. "Bayesian Learning in Financial Markets – Testing for the Relevance of Information Precision in Price Discovery," FRU Working Papers 2004/06, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Finance Research Unit.
- Hess, Dieter E., 2000. "Surprises in scheduled releases: why do they move the bond market?," ZEW Discussion Papers 00-61, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Andersson, Magnus & Hansen, Lars Jul & Sebestyén, Szabolcs, 2006.
"Which news moves the euro area bond market?,"
Working Paper Series
0631, European Central Bank.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 2000.
"The relationship between the federal funds rate and the Fed's federal funds rate target: is it open market or open mouth operations?,"
1999-022, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Thornton, Daniel L., 2000. "The relationship between the federal funds rate and the Fed's federal funds rate target: is it open market or open mouth operations?," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2000,09, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Timothy Cook & Steven Korn, 1991. "The reaction of interest rates to the employment report: the role of policy anticipations," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Sep, pages 3-12.
- Das, Sanjiv R., 2002. "The surprise element: jumps in interest rates," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 27-65, January.
- Puffer, Marlene K., 1995. "Measurement of the unexpected US trade deficit," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 247-273, April.
- Michael J. Fleming & Eli M. Remolona, 1997.
"What moves the bond market?,"
9706, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Meredith J. Beechey & Benjamin K. Johannsen & Andrew T. Levin, 2008.
"Are long-run inflation expectations anchored more firmly in the Euro area than in the United States?,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2008-23, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Meredith J. Beechey & Benjamin K. Johannsen & Andrew T. Levin, 2011. "Are Long-Run Inflation Expectations Anchored More Firmly in the Euro Area Than in the United States?," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 104-29, April.
- Beechey, Meredith J & Johannsen, Benjamin K & Levin, Andrew, 2007. "Are Long-Run Inflation Expectations Anchored More Firmly in the Euro Area than in the United States?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6536, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dieter Hess, 2001. "Surprises in U.S. macroeconomic releases: Determinants of their relative impact on T-Bond futures," CoFE Discussion Paper 01-01, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Blose, Laurence E., 2010. "Gold prices, cost of carry, and expected inflation," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 35-47, January.
- Mark J. Flannery & Aris A. Protopapadakis, 2002. "Macroeconomic Factors Do Influence Aggregate Stock Returns," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(3), pages 751-782.
- Liebermann, Joelle, 2011. "The Impact of Macroeconomic News on Bond Yields: (In)Stabilities over Time and Relative Importance," Research Technical Papers 7/RT/11, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Nikolaus Hautsch & Dieter Hess, 2002. "The processing of non-anticipated information in financial markets: Analyzing the impact of surprises in the employment report," CoFE Discussion Paper 02-06, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Hess, Dieter E., 2003. "Determinants of the relative price impact of unanticipated information in US macroeconomic releases," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 46, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- William Poole, 1994. "Monetary aggregates targeting in a low-inflation economy," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, pages 87-135.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Xiao Xiaohong) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Xiao Xiaohong to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.