U.S. household deleveraging and future consumption growth
AbstractThis Economic Letter discusses how a deleveraging of the U.S. household sector might affect the growth rate of consumption going forward.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in its journal FRBSF Economic Letter.
Volume (Year): (2009)
Issue (Month): may15 ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John C. Williams, 2009.
"Heeding Daedalus: Optimal inflation and the zero lower bound,"
Working Paper Series
2009-23, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- John C. Williams, 2009. "Heeding Daedalus: Optimal Inflation and the Zero Lower Bound," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 40(2 (Fall)), pages 1-49.
- Reuven Glick & Kevin J. Lansing, 2011. "Consumers and the economy, part I: Household credit and personal saving," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue jan10.
- Joshua Aizenman & Rajeswari Sengupta, 2011.
"Global Imbalances: Is Germany the New China? A Skeptical View,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 387-400, July.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Sengupta, Rajeswari, 2010. "Global Imbalances: Is Germany the new China? A Skeptical View," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt3zx245jn, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Sengupta, Rajeswari & Aizenman, Joshua, 2010. "Global imbalances: Is Germany the new China? A skeptical view," MPRA Paper 25578, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kevin J. Lansing, 2011. "Gauging the impact of the Great Recession," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue july11.
- Franziska Ohnsorge & Ashoka Mody, 2010. "After the Crisis," IMF Working Papers 10/11, International Monetary Fund.
- Reuven Glick & Kevin J. Lansing, 2010. "Global household leverage, house prices, and consumption," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue jan11.
- Janet L. Yellen, 2009. "The outlook for recovery in the U.S. economy," Speech 76, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Valerie Herzberg, 2010. "Assessing the Risk of Private Sector Debt Overhang in the Baltic Countries," IMF Working Papers 10/250, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diane Rosenberger).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.