Endogenous Market Structures and Macroeconomic Theory
AbstractThis article applies the emerging theory of endogenous market structures to macroeconomic issues through a few simple models. First, we study a model of Schumpeterian growth where strategic interactions and endogenous entry determine the equilibrium behaviour of the firms investing in R&D. Second, we provide a new framework to study business cycles with imperfect competition in quantities à la Cournot and endogenous entry, and we show how a temporary shock promotes entry, reduces the mark ups and magnifies the impact on consumption. Third, we revisit the new trade theory adopting both strategic interactions and endogenous entry and revisiting some traditional results on the impact of opening to trade, the optimal tariff and the optimal export subsidy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Faculteit Economie en Bedrijfswetenschappen in its journal Review of Business and Economics.
Volume (Year): LII (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Federico Etro, 2010. "Endogenous Market Structures and Contract Theory," Working Papers, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics 181, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2010.
- Federico Etro & Andrea Colciago, 2007.
"Endogenous Market Structure and the Business Cycle,"
Working Papers, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics
126, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2007.
- Federico Etro & Andrea Colciago, 2010. "Endogenous Market Structures and the Business Cycle," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 120(549), pages 1201-1233, December.
- colciago, andrea & Rossi, Lorenza, 2011. "Endogenous Market Structures and the Business Cycle," MPRA Paper 29629, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Federico Etro, 2010. "Endogenous market structures and antitrust policy," International Review of Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 57(1), pages 9-45, March.
- Maria José Gil-Moltó & Dimitrios Varvarigos, 2012. "Industry Dynamics and Indeterminacy in an OLG Economy with Endogenous Occupational Choice," Discussion Papers in Economics 12/09, Department of Economics, University of Leicester, revised Sep 2012.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hilde Roos) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hilde Roos to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.