Sectoral Growth and Poverty Alleviation: A Multiplier Decomposition Technique Applied to South Africa
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 27 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lipton, Michael & Ravallion, Martin, 1995.
"Poverty and policy,"
Handbook of Development Economics,
in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 41, pages 2551-2657
- James, Jeffrey & Khan, Haider, 1997. "Technology choice and income distribution," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 153-165, February.
- Thorbecke, Erik & Jung, Hong-Sang, 1996. "A multiplier decomposition method to analyze poverty alleviation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 279-300, March.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-66, May.
- Heshmati, Almas, 2004. "Growth, Inequality and Poverty Relationships," IZA Discussion Papers 1338, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marcelo Martinez & Montfort Mlachila, 2013. "The Quality of the Recent High-Growth Episode in Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 13/53, International Monetary Fund.
- Leeuwen, E.S. van & Nijkamp, P., 2009. "Social Accounting Matrices; The development and application of SAMs at the local level," Serie Research Memoranda 0045, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Dorothée BOCCANFUSO & Tambi Samuel KABORE, 2004. "Macroeconomic Growth, Sectoral Quality Of Growth And Poverty In Developing Countries: Measure And Application To Burkina Faso," Cahiers de recherche 04-07, Departement d'Economique de la Faculte d'administration à l'Universite de Sherbrooke.
- Lavopa, Alejandro & Szirmai, Adam, 2012. "Industrialization, employment and poverty," MERIT Working Papers 081, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Ge, Jianping & Lei, Yalin, 2013. "Mining development, income growth and poverty alleviation: A multiplier decomposition technique applied to China," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 278-287.
- Anriquez, Gustavo & Stamoulis, Kostas G., 2007. "Rural Development and Poverty Reduction: Is Agriculture Still Key?," eJADE: electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, vol. 4(1).
- Nokkala, Marko, 2001. "Simulating the Effects of Debt Relief in Zambia," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Loayza, Norman V. & Raddatz, Claudio, 2010.
"The composition of growth matters for poverty alleviation,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 137-151, September.
- Loayza, Norman V. & Raddatz, Claudio, 2006. "The composition of growth matters for poverty alleviation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4077, The World Bank.
- Sinha, Anushree & Khan, Haider, 2008. "Gender and Informal Sector Analysis in India: Economy Wide Approaches," Working Paper Series RP2008/65, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- D'Haese, Marijke F.C. & Lecomte, Philippe & Schipper, Robert A. & Alary, Veronique & Kowalska, Agniezka, 2007. "On dairy, economic sustainability and governmental support in Reunion Island: A research note," 106th Seminar, October 25-27, 2007, Montpellier, France 7952, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.