Single-assignment hub location problems with multiple capacity levels
AbstractIn this paper, an extension of the classical capacitated single-allocation hub location problem is studied in which the size of the hubs is part of the decision making process. For each potential hub a set of capacities is assumed to be available among which one can be chosen. Several formulations are proposed for the problem, which are compared in terms of the bound provided by the linear programming relaxation. Different sets of inequalities are proposed to enhance the models. Several preprocessing tests are also presented with the goal of reducing the size of the models for each particular instance. The results of the computational experiments performed using the proposed models are reported.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Transportation Research Part B: Methodological.
Volume (Year): 44 (2010)
Issue (Month): 8-9 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/548/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ernst, Andreas T. & Krishnamoorthy, Mohan, 1998. "Exact and heuristic algorithms for the uncapacitated multiple allocation p-hub median problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 100-112, January.
- Campbell, James F., 1994. "Integer programming formulations of discrete hub location problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 387-405, January.
- Skorin-Kapov, Darko & Skorin-Kapov, Jadranka & O'Kelly, Morton, 1996. "Tight linear programming relaxations of uncapacitated p-hub median problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 582-593, November.
- Contreras, Ivan & Fernández, Elena & Marín, Alfredo, 2010. "The Tree of Hubs Location Problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 202(2), pages 390-400, April.
- Alumur, Sibel A. & Kara, Bahar Y. & Karasan, Oya E., 2009. "The design of single allocation incomplete hub networks," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 43(10), pages 936-951, December.
- J. F. Campbell & A. T. Ernst & M. Krishnamoorthy, 2005. "Hub Arc Location Problems: Part II---Formulations and Optimal Algorithms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(10), pages 1556-1571, October.
- Holmberg, Kaj, 1994. "Solving the staircase cost facility location problem with decomposition and piecewise linearization," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 41-61, May.
- Alumur, Sibel & Kara, Bahar Y., 2008. "Network hub location problems: The state of the art," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 190(1), pages 1-21, October.
- J. F. Campbell & A. T. Ernst & M. Krishnamoorthy, 2005. "Hub Arc Location Problems: Part I---Introduction and Results," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(10), pages 1540-1555, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.