Prediction of intercity freight flows, II: Mathematical formulations
AbstractThis paper presents alternative mathematical representations of the predictive intercity freight model developed by Harker and Friesz (1986). A nonlinear complementary formulation is developed and is then used to develop criteria for the existence and uniqueness of a solution to this model. A variational inequality formulation of the model is also developed, and its relationship to an equivalent optimization problem is demonstrated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Transportation Research Part B: Methodological.
Volume (Year): 20 (1986)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/548/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Friesz, Terry L. & Rigdon, Matthew A. & Mookherjee, Reetabrata, 2006. "Differential variational inequalities and shipper dynamic oligopolistic network competition," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 480-503, July.
- Jones, Dean A. & Farkas, Julie L. & Bernstein, Orr & Davis, Chad E. & Turk, Adam & Turnquist, Mark A. & Nozick, Linda K. & Levine, Brian & Rawls, Carmen G. & Ostrowski, Scott D. & Sawaya, William, 2011. "U.S. import/export container flow modeling and disruption analysis," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 3-14.
- Friesz, Terry L. & Suo, Zhong-Gui & Bernstein, David H., 1998. "A dynamic disequilibrium interregional commodity flow model," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 467-483, September.
- Friesz, Terry L. & Mookherjee, Reetabrata & Holguín-Veras, José & Rigdon, Matthew A., 2008. "Dynamic pricing in an urban freight environment," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 305-324, May.
- Crainic, Teodor Gabriel & Laporte, Gilbert, 1997. "Planning models for freight transportation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 409-438, March.
- Bell, Michael G.H. & Liu, Xin & Angeloudis, Panagiotis & Fonzone, Achille & Hosseinloo, Solmaz Haji, 2011. "A frequency-based maritime container assignment model," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 45(8), pages 1152-1161, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.