Asymptotic lower bounds of precise large deviations with nonnegative and dependent random variables
AbstractIn this paper, asymptotic lower bounds of precise large deviations for non-random sums and random sums of nonnegative random variables (r.v.s) are derived under some fairly weak conditions. The obtained results are used to derive asymptotic lower bounds of precise large deviations in a multi-risk model. All the results we establish extend and improve the related existing results substantially.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Liu, Xijun & Gao, Qingwu & Wang, Yuebao, 2012. "A note on a dependent risk model with constant interest rate," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(4), pages 707-712.
- Tang, Qihe & Su, Chun & Jiang, Tao & Zhang, Jinsong, 2001. "Large deviations for heavy-tailed random sums in compound renewal model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 91-100, March.
- Lu, Dawei, 2012. "Lower bounds of large deviation for sums of long-tailed claims in a multi-risk model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(7), pages 1242-1250.
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liu, Li, 2009. "Precise large deviations for dependent random variables with heavy tails," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(9), pages 1290-1298, May.
- Lin, Jianxi, 2008. "The general principle for precise large deviations of heavy-tailed random sums," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(6), pages 749-758, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.