User-innovators and "local" information: The case of mountain biking
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Research Policy.
Volume (Year): 34 (2005)
Issue (Month): 6 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ogawa, Susumu, 1998. "Does sticky information affect the locus of innovation? Evidence from the Japanese convenience-store industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 26(7-8), pages 777-790, April.
- Wesley M Cohen & Richard R Nelson & John P Walsh, 2003.
"Protecting Their Intellectual Assets: Appropriability Conditions and Why U.S. Manufacturing Firms Patent (Or Not),"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
618897000000000624, David K. Levine.
- Wesley M. Cohen & Richard R. Nelson & John P. Walsh, 2000. "Protecting Their Intellectual Assets: Appropriability Conditions and Why U.S. Manufacturing Firms Patent (or Not)," NBER Working Papers 7552, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harhoff, Dietmar & Henkel, Joachim & von Hippel, Eric, 2003. "Profiting from voluntary information spillovers: how users benefit by freely revealing their innovations," Research Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1753-1769, December.
- Richard C. Levin & Alvin K. Klevorick & Richard R. Nelson & Sidney G. Winter, 1987. "Appropriating the Returns from Industrial Research and Development," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 18(3), pages 783-832.
- Lee Fleming, 2001. "Recombinant Uncertainty in Technological Search," Management Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 47(1), pages 117-132, January.
- Mansfield, Edwin, 1985. "How Rapidly Does New Industrial Technology Leak Out?," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(2), pages 217-23, December.
- Letty, Brigid & Shezi, Zanele & Mudhara, Maxwell, 2012. "An exploration of agricultural grassroots innovation in South Africa and implications for innovation indicator development," MERIT Working Papers 023, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- G. Parmentier & Vincent Mangematin, 2014. "Orchestrating innovation with user communities in the creative industries," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print), HAL halshs-00848861, HAL.
- Tietze, Frank & Pieper, Thorsten & Herstatt, Cornelius, 2013. "To own or not to own: How ownership affects user innovation - An empirical study in the German rowing community," Working Papers 73, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- Margherita Balconi & Stefano Brusoni & Luigi Orsenigo, 2008.
"In Defence of the Linear Model: An Essay,"
KITeS Working Papers, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy
216, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Apr 2008.
- Lars BENGTSSON & Natalia RYZHKOVA, 2013. "Managing Online Users in Open Innovation: The Case of a Nordic Telecom Company," Communications & Strategies, IDATE, Com&Strat dept., vol. 1(89), pages 37-53, 1st quart.
- Lettl, Christopher & Rost, Katja & von Wartburg, Iwan, 2009. "Why are some independent inventors 'heroes' and others 'hobbyists'? The moderating role of technological diversity and specialization," Research Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 243-254, March.
- Hua Liang & Zongyi Zhang, 2012. "The effects of industry characteristics on the sources of technological product and process innovation," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, Springer, vol. 37(6), pages 867-884, December.
- Hienerth, Christoph & von Hippel, Eric & Berg Jensen, Morten, 2014. "User community vs. producer innovation development efficiency: A first empirical study," Research Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 190-201.
- FÃ¼ller, Johann & Schroll, Roland & von Hippel, Eric, 2013. "User generated brands and their contribution to the diffusion of user innovations," Research Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 1197-1209.
- Claudio Giachetti & Gianluca Marchi & Riccardo Corradini, 2012. "UsersÃ• ability to anticipate incremental and radical innovation in online communities: The role of product knowledge and willingness to participate in the community life," Working Papers 15, Department of Management, UniversitÃ Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00848861 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lehnen, Jens & Ehls, Daniel & Herstatt, Cornelius, 2014. "Implementation of lead users into management practice: A literature review of publications in business press," Working Papers 78, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- Daniela Baglieri & Gianni Lorenzoni, 2014. "Closing the distance between academia and market: experimentation and user entrepreneurial processes," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 52-74, February.
- Skiba, Florian & Herstatt, Cornelius, 2008. "Integration of innovative users as source of service innovations," Working Papers 54, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- Jerald Hage & Jonathon Mote & Gretchen Jordan, 2013. "Ideas, innovations, and networks: a new policy model based on the evolution of knowledge," Policy Sciences, Springer, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 199-216, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.