Information production, banking industry structure and credit allocation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Research in Economics.
Volume (Year): 52 (1998)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622941
Other versions of this item:
- G. Chiesa, 1998. "Information Production, Banking Industry Structure and Credit Allocation," Working Papers 325, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gehrig, Thomas, 1998.
"Screening, Cross-Border Banking and the Allocation of Credit,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1973, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gehrig, Thomas, 1998. "Screening, cross-border banking, and the allocation of credit," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 387-407, December.
- Bhattacharya Sudipto & Thakor Anjan V., 1993. "Contemporary Banking Theory," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 2-50, October.
- Broecker, Thorsten, 1990. "Credit-Worthiness Tests and Interbank Competition," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(2), pages 429-52, March.
- Ramakrishnan, Ram T S & Thakor, Anjan V, 1984. "Information Reliability and a Theory of Financial Intermediation," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 415-32, July.
- Simon G. Gilchrist & Ben Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1994.
"The financial accelerator and the flight to quality,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
94-18, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark & Gilchrist, Simon, 1996. "The Financial Accelerator and the Flight to Quality," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Ben Bernanke & Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1994. "The Financial Accelerator and the Flight to Quality," NBER Working Papers 4789, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diamond, Douglas W, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414, July.
- Thomas Gehrig, 1996. "Market Structure, Monitoring and Capital Adequacy Regulation," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 132(IV), pages 685-702, December.
- Gabriella Chiesa, .
"Incentive-based Lending Capacity, Competition and Regulation in Banking,"
92, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Chiesa, Gabriella, 2001. "Incentive-Based Lending Capacity, Competition and Regulation in Banking," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 28-53, January.
- Innes, Robert D., 1990. "Limited liability and incentive contracting with ex-ante action choices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 45-67, October.
- Holmberg, Ulf, 2012. "The Credit Market and the Determinants of Credit Crunches: An Agent Based Modeling Approach," UmeÃ¥ Economic Studies 836, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Gabriella Chiesa, 2008.
"Optimal Credit Risk Transfer, Monitored Finance, and Banks,"
EIEF Working Papers Series
0811, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Sep 2008.
- Chiesa, Gabriella, 2008. "Optimal credit risk transfer, monitored finance, and banks," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 464-477, October.
- Hyytinen, Ari, 2001. "Information Production, Banking Competition and the Market Structure of the Banking Industry," Discussion Papers 749, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Agostino, Mariarosaria & Gagliardi, Francesca & Trivieri, Francesco, 2010. "Credit market structure and bank screening: An indirect test on Italian data," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 151-160, October.
- Pietro ALESSANDRINI & Luca PAPI & Alberto ZAZZARO, 2002.
"Banche, territorio e sviluppo,"
175, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Hyytinen, Ari, 2003. "Information production and lending market competition," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 233-253.
- Pietro Alessandrini & Luca Papi & Alberto Zazzaro, 2003.
"Banks, regions and development,"
BNL Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 56(224), pages 23-55.
- Davide Iacoboni & Alberto Zazzaro, 2000.
"Legal system efficiency, information production, and technological choice: a banking model,"
Heterogeneity and monetary policy
0005, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia Politica.
- Davide IACOVONI & Alberto ZAZZARO, 2000. "Legal System Efficiency, Information Production, and Technological Choice: A Banking Model," Working Papers 129, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.