Evaluating green supplier development programs at a telecommunications systems provider
AbstractGreen supplier development has become necessary as organizations increasingly compete on environmental supply chain capabilities. However, formal modeling tools to aid managers in evaluating green supplier development programs (GSDPs) are virtually non-existent. This paper introduces a formal structured managerial approach for organizations to help evaluate the influence relationships amongst GSDPs. Utilizing GSDP categorizations we acquire multi-functional managerial inputs within a telecommunication systems provider to evaluate the GSDPs. The managerial inputs are evaluated using a formalized grey-based DEMATEL methodology. Managerial and research implications of the proposed study and application, limitations and future research directions are also detailed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Production Economics.
Volume (Year): 140 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe
Environmental; Supply chain management; Supplier development; Grey numbers; DEMATEL;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Narasimhan, Ram & Talluri, Srinivas & Mahapatra, Santosh, 2008. "Effective response to RFQs and supplier development: A supplier's perspective," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 461-470, October.
- Zhu, Qinghua & Sarkis, Joseph & Cordeiro, James J. & Lai, Kee-Hung, 2008. "Firm-level correlates of emergent green supply chain management practices in the Chinese context," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 577-591, August.
- Bai, Chunguang & Sarkis, Joseph, 2010. "Integrating sustainability into supplier selection with grey system and rough set methodologies," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 252-264, March.
- McGovern, Tom & Hicks, Christian, 2006. "Specifications and supplier development in the UK electrical transmission and distribution equipment industry," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 164-178, November.
- Vachon, Stephan & Klassen, Robert D., 2008. "Environmental management and manufacturing performance: The role of collaboration in the supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 299-315, February.
- Liou, James J.H. & Tzeng, Gwo-Hshiung & Chang, Han-Chun, 2007. "Airline safety measurement using a hybrid model," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 243-249.
- Piplani, Rajesh & Pujawan, Nyoman & Ray, Saibal, 2008. "Sustainable supply chain management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 193-194, February.
- Sarkis, Joseph & Zhu, Qinghua & Lai, Kee-hung, 2011. "An organizational theoretic review of green supply chain management literature," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Lee, Peter K.C. & Humphreys, Paul K., 2007. "The role of Guanxi in supply management practices," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 450-467, April.
- Dou, Yijie & Zhu, Qinghua & Sarkis, Joseph, 2014. "Evaluating green supplier development programs with a grey-analytical network process-based methodology," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 233(2), pages 420-431.
- Grimm, Jörg H. & Hofstetter, Joerg S. & Sarkis, Joseph, 2014. "Critical factors for sub-supplier management: A sustainable food supply chains perspective," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 159-173.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.