Inventory positioning, scheduling and lead-time quotation in supply chains
AbstractWe consider supply chain networks composed of several centrally managed production facilities as well as external suppliers. We design effective heuristics for inventory positioning, order sequencing, and short and reliable due-date quotation for this supply chain. We perform extensive computational testing to assess the effectiveness of our algorithms, and we explore the impact of supply chain topology on inventory costs and effective due-date quotation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Production Economics.
Volume (Year): 114 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Inderfurth, Karl, 1991. "Safety stock optimization in multi-stage inventory systems," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 103-113, November.
- Inderfurth, Karl, 1994. "Safety stocks in multistage divergent inventory systems: A survey," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1-3), pages 321-329, June.
- Stephen C. Graves & Sean P. Willems, 2003. "Erratum: Optimizing Strategic Safety Stock Placement in Supply Chains," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 5(2), pages 176-177.
- Diks, E. B. & de Kok, A. G. & Lagodimos, A. G., 1996. "Multi-echelon systems: A service measure perspective," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 241-263, December.
- Stephen C. Graves & Sean P. Willems, 2000. "Optimizing Strategic Safety Stock Placement in Supply Chains," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 2(1), pages 68-83, June.
- Paul Glasserman & Sridhar Tayur, 1995. "Sensitivity Analysis for Base-Stock Levels in Multiechelon Production-Inventory Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(2), pages 263-281, February.
- Inderfurth, Karl & Minner, Stefan, 1998. "Safety stocks in multi-stage inventory systems under different service measures," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 57-73, April.
- Jouini, Oualid & Dallery, Yves & Aksin, Zeynep, 2009. "Queueing models for full-flexible multi-class call centers with real-time anticipated delays," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 389-399, August.
- Chaharsooghi, S. Kamal & Heydari, Jafar, 2010. "LT variance or LT mean reduction in supply chain management: Which one has a higher impact on SC performance?," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 124(2), pages 475-481, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.