Microeconomics of the ideal gas like market models
AbstractWe develop a framework based on microeconomic theory from which the ideal gas like market models can be addressed. A kinetic exchange model based on that framework is proposed and its distributional features have been studied by considering its moments. Next, we derive the moments of the CC model (Eur. Phys. J. B 17 (2000) 167) as well. Some precise solutions are obtained which conform with the solutions obtained earlier. Finally, an output market is introduced with global price determination in the model with some necessary modifications.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications.
Volume (Year): 388 (2009)
Issue (Month): 19 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/
Economics; Econophysics; financial markets; business and management; Stochastic processes; Distribution theory and Monte Carlo studies; Kinetic theory;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anirban Chakraborti & Ioane Muni Toke & Marco Patriarca & Frédéric Abergel, 2011. "Econophysics: agent-based models," Post-Print hal-00621059, HAL.
- Belal E. Baaquie, 2012. "Statistical Microeconomics," Papers 1211.7172, arXiv.org.
- Baaquie, Belal E., 2013. "Statistical microeconomics," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(19), pages 4400-4416.
- Kaldasch, Joachim, 2012.
"Evolutionary model of the personal income distribution,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 391(22), pages 5628-5642.
- Kaldasch, Joachim, 2012. "Evolutionary Model of the Personal Income Distribution," MPRA Paper 37865, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joachim Kaldasch, 2012. "Evolutionary Model of the Personal Income Distribution," Papers 1203.6507, arXiv.org.
- Sylvain Barde, 2012. "Back to the future: economic rationality and maximum entropy prediction," Studies in Economics 1202, Department of Economics, University of Kent.
- Chakrabarti, Anindya S. & Chakrabarti, Bikas K., 2010. "Inequality reversal: Effects of the savings propensity and correlated returns," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(17), pages 3572-3579.
- Bertotti, Maria Letizia & Modanese, Giovanni, 2011. "From microscopic taxation and redistribution models to macroscopic income distributions," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(21), pages 3782-3793.
- Chakrabarti, Anindya S., 2012. "Effects of the turnover rate on the size distribution of firms: An application of the kinetic exchange models," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(23), pages 6039-6050.
- Anindya S. Chakrabarti, 2011. "Firm dynamics in a closed, conserved economy: A model of size distribution of employment and related statistics," Papers 1112.2168, arXiv.org.
- Maria Letizia Bertotti & Giovanni Modanese, 2011. "From microscopic taxation and redistribution models to macroscopic income distributions," Papers 1109.0606, arXiv.org.
- Victor M. Yakovenko, 2012. "Applications of statistical mechanics to economics: Entropic origin of the probability distributions of money, income, and energy consumption," Papers 1204.6483, arXiv.org.
- Kantar, Ersin & Keskin, Mustafa, 2013. "The relationships between electricity consumption and GDP in Asian countries, using hierarchical structure methods," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(22), pages 5678-5684.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.