Modelling train delays with q-exponential functions
AbstractWe demonstrate that the distribution of train delays on the British railway network is accurately described by q-exponential functions. We explain this by constructing an underlying superstatistical model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications.
Volume (Year): 378 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/
Superstatistics; q-exponentials; Fat-tail distributions; Delay distributions; Railway traffic;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tsallis, Constantino & Mendes, RenioS. & Plastino, A.R., 1998. "The role of constraints within generalized nonextensive statistics," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 261(3), pages 534-554.
- Abul-Magd, A.Y., 2006. "Superstatistics in random matrix theory," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 361(1), pages 41-54.
- Beck, Christian, 2004. "Generalized statistical mechanics of cosmic rays," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 331(1), pages 173-181.
- Chavanis, Pierre-Henri, 2006. "Coarse-grained distributions and superstatistics," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 359(C), pages 177-212.
- Bercher, J.-F. & Vignat, C., 2008. "A new look at q-exponential distributions via excess statistics," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(22), pages 5422-5432.
- Lubashevsky, Ihor & Friedrich, Rudolf & Heuer, Andreas & Ushakov, Andrey, 2009. "Generalized superstatistics of nonequilibrium Markovian systems," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(21), pages 4535-4550.
- Bergström, Anna & Krüger, Niclas A., 2013.
"Modeling passenger train delay distributions: evidence and implications,"
Working papers in Transport Economics
2013:3, CTS - Centre for Transport Studies Stockholm (KTH and VTI).
- Bergström, Anna & Krüger, Niclas, 2013. "Modeling Passenger Train Delay Distributions - Evidence and Implications," Karlstad University Working Papers in Economics 10, Department of Economics, Karlstad University.
- Sonia Strube Martins & Matthias Finger & Andreas Haller & Urs Trinkner, 2012. "Integrated timetables for railway passenger transport services," Working Papers 0037, Swiss Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.