On retrial queueing model with fuzzy parameters
AbstractThis work constructs the membership functions of the system characteristics of a retrial queueing model with fuzzy customer arrival, retrial and service rates. The α-cut approach is used to transform a fuzzy retrial-queue into a family of conventional crisp retrial queues in this context. By means of the membership functions of the system characteristics, a set of parametric non-linear programs is developed to describe the family of crisp retrial queues. A numerical example is solved successfully to illustrate the validity of the proposed approach. Because the system characteristics are expressed and governed by the membership functions, more information is provided for use by management. By extending this model to the fuzzy environment, fuzzy retrial-queue is represented more accurately and analytic results are more useful for system designers and practitioners.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications.
Volume (Year): 374 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/
Fuzzy parameters; Membership functions; Non-linear programming; Retrial queue;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. Artalejo, 1999. "A classified bibliography of research on retrial queues: Progress in 1990–1999," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 187-211, December.
- Dudin, A. N. & Krishnamoorthy, A. & Joshua, V. C. & Tsarenkov, G. V., 2004. "Analysis of the BMAP/G/1 retrial system with search of customers from the orbit," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 157(1), pages 169-179, August.
- Chen, Shih-Pin, 2004. "Parametric nonlinear programming for analyzing fuzzy queues with finite capacity," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 157(2), pages 429-438, September.
- Chen, Shih-Pin, 2005. "Parametric nonlinear programming approach to fuzzy queues with bulk service," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 163(2), pages 434-444, June.
- Blanc, J.P.C. & Hertog, D. den, 2008. "On Markov Chains with Uncertain Data," Discussion Paper 2008-50, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.