Volatility and price change spillover effects across the developed and emerging markets
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Pacific-Basin Finance Journal.
Volume (Year): 3 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/pacfin
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lehmann, Bruce N & Modest, David M, 1994. " Trading and Liquidity on the Tokyo Stock Exchange: A Bird's Eye View," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(3), pages 951-84, July.
- Chang, Rosita P. & Fukuda, Toru & Ghon Rhee, S. & Taakano, Makoto, 1993. "Intraday and interday behavior of the TOPIX," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 67-95, March.
- Chan, Kalok & Chan, K C & Karolyi, G Andrew, 1991. "Intraday Volatility in the Stock Index and Stock Index Futures Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(4), pages 657-84.
- Eun, Cheol S. & Shim, Sangdal, 1989. "International Transmission of Stock Market Movements," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(02), pages 241-256, June.
- E.K. Berndt & B.H. Hall & R.E. Hall, 1974. "Estimation and Inference in Nonlinear Structural Models," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 3, number 4, pages 103-116 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Conrad, Jennifer & Gultekin, Mustafa N & Kaul, Gautam, 1991. "Asymmetric Predictability of Conditional Variances," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(4), pages 597-622.
- Chan, Kalok & Chan, Yue-cheong, 1993. "Price volatility in the Hong Kong stock market: a test of the information and trading noise hypothesis," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 189-201, May.
- Cheung, Yan-Leung & Ho, Richard Yan-Ki & Pope, Peter & Draper, Paul, 1994. "Intraday stock return volatility: The Hong Kong evidence," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 2(2-3), pages 261-276, May.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1992.
"Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations,"
NBER Working Papers
3993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaffe, Adam B & Trajtenberg, Manuel & Henderson, Rebecca, 1993. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 108(3), pages 577-98, August.
- Jaffe, A.B. & Trajtenberg, M., 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," Papers 14-92, Tel Aviv.
- Stoll, Hans R & Whaley, Robert E, 1990. "Stock Market Structure and Volatility," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(1), pages 37-71.
- Hamao, Yasushi & Masulis, Ronald W & Ng, Victor, 1990. "Correlations in Price Changes and Volatility across International Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(2), pages 281-307.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Engle, Robert F & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1988. "A Capital Asset Pricing Model with Time-Varying Covariances," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(1), pages 116-31, February.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-70, March.
- Mervyn A. King & Sushil Wadhwani, 1989.
"Transmission of Volatility Between Stock Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
2910, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruce N. Lehmann and David M. Modest., 1994. "Trading and Liquidity on the Tokyo Stock Exchange: A Bird's Eye View," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-234, University of California at Berkeley.
- Ho, Richard Yan-Ki & Cheung, Yan-Leung & Cheung, Daniel W. W., 1993. "Intraday prices and trading volume relationship in an emerging Asian market - Hong Kong," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 203-214, May.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 1963. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36, pages 394.
- W N W Azman-Saini & M S Habibullah & Siong Hook Law & A M Dayang-Affizzah, 2007.
"Stock Prices, Exchange Rates and Causality in Malaysia: A Note,"
The IUP Journal of Financial Economics,
IUP Publications, vol. 0(1), pages 7-13, March.
- Azman-Saini, W.N.W. & Habibullah, M.S. & Law, Siong Hook & Dayang-Afizzah, A.M., 2006. "Stock prices, exchange rates and causality in Malaysia: a note," MPRA Paper 656, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wang, Steven Shuye & Meng Rui, Oliver & Firth, Michael, 2002. "Return and volatility behavior of dually-traded stocks: the case of Hong Kong," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 265-293, April.
- Wang, Ping & Wang, Peijie, 2010. "Price and volatility spillovers between the Greater China Markets and the developed markets of US and Japan," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 304-317.
- Gilenko, Evgenii & Fedorova, Elena, 2014. "Internal and external spillover effects for the BRIC countries: Multivariate GARCH-in-mean approach," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 32-45.
- George Milunovich & Susan Thorp, 2005.
"Valuing Volatility Spillovers,"
0506, Macquarie University, Department of Economics.
- Ramiah, Vikash & Cheng, Ka Yeung & Orriols, Julien & Naughton, Tony & Hallahan, Terrence, 2011. "Contrarian investment strategies work better for dually-traded stocks: Evidence from Hong Kong," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 140-156, January.
- Alaganar, Vaira T. & Bhar, Ramaprasad, 2002. "Information and volatility linkage under external shocks: Evidence from dually listed Australian stocks," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 59-71.
- Jose Luis Miralles-Marcelo & Jose Luis Miralles-Quiros & Maria del Mar Miralles-Quiros, 2010. "Intraday linkages between the Spanish and the US stock markets: evidence of an overreaction effect," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 223-235.
- Chan, Yue-cheong & John Wei, K. C., 1996. "Political risk and stock price volatility: The case of Hong Kong," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 4(2-3), pages 259-275, July.
- Yeh, Yin-Hua & Lee, Tsun-Siou, 2000. "The interaction and volatility asymmetry of unexpected returns in the greater China stock markets," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 129-149.
- Shamiri, Ahmed, 2008. "Volatility Transmission: What Does Asia-Pacific Markets Expect?," MPRA Paper 13706, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdul Karim, Zulkefly & Abdul Karim, Bakri, 2008. "Stock market integration: Malaysia and its major trading partners," MPRA Paper 26976, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2009.
- Wang, Steven Shuye & Firth, Michael, 2004. "Do bears and bulls swim across oceans? Market information transmission between greater China and the rest of the world," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 235-254, July.
- Wang, Chaug-Jung & Lee, Chien-Hui & Huang, Bwo-Nung, 2003. "An analysis of industry and country effects in global stock returns: evidence from Asian countries and the U.S," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 560-577.
- Park, Jinwoo, 2001. "Information flows between non-deliverable forward (NDF) and spot markets: Evidence from Korean currency," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 363-377, August.
- Chan, Tze-Haw & Hooy, Chee Wooi, 2003. "On Volatility Spillovers and Dominant Effects in East Asian: Before and After the 911," MPRA Paper 2032, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2006.
- Tang, G. Y. N. & Kwok, K-h., 1997. "Day of the week effect in international portfolio diversification: January vs non-January," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 335-352, August.
- Huang, Bwo-Nung & Yang, Chin-Wei & Hu, John Wei-Shan, 2000. "Causality and cointegration of stock markets among the United States, Japan and the South China Growth Triangle," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 281-297.
- Milunovich, George & Thorp, Susan, 2007. "Measuring equity market integration using uncorrelated information flows: Tokyo, London and New York," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 275-289, October.
- Ahmed Shamiri & Zaidi Isa,, 2010. "Volatility transmission: what do Asia-Pacific markets expect?," Studies in Economics and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 27(4), pages 299-313, October.
- Hu, John Wei-Shan & Chen, Mei-Yuan & Fok, Robert C. W. & Huang, Bwo-Nung, 1997. "Causality in volatility and volatility spillover effects between US, Japan and four equity markets in the South China Growth Triangular," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 351-367, December.
- Gerard Gannon & Siu Pang Au-Yeung, 2004. "Structural Effects and Spillovers in HSIF, HSI and S&P500 Volatility," Accounting, Finance, Financial Planning and Insurance Series 2004_08, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.