Trip packing in petrol stations replenishment
AbstractThis paper considers a generalized version of the trip packing problem that we encountered as a sub-problem of the petrol stations replenishment problem. In this version we have to assign a number of trips to a fleet composed of a limited number of non-identical tank-trucks. Each trip has a specific duration, working time of vehicles is limited and the net revenue of each trip depends on the truck used. The paper provides a mathematical formulation of the problem and proposes some construction, improvement and neighbourhood search solution heuristics. A set of benchmark problem instances is created in a way that reflects real-life situations and used to analyse the performance of the proposed heuristics. A real-life case is also used to further assess the proposed heuristics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Omega.
Volume (Year): 39 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- YazgI Tütüncü, G. & Carreto, Carlos A.C. & Baker, Barrie M., 2009. "A visual interactive approach to classical and mixed vehicle routing problems with backhauls," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 138-154, February.
- B.J. Os & J.J. Meulman, 2004. "Improving Dynamic Programming Strategies for Partitioning," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 207-230, September.
- Brandao, Jose & Mercer, Alan, 1997. "A tabu search algorithm for the multi-trip vehicle routing and scheduling problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 180-191, July.
- Cornillier, Fabien & Boctor, Fayez F. & Laporte, Gilbert & Renaud, Jacques, 2008. "A heuristic for the multi-period petrol station replenishment problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 191(2), pages 295-305, December.
- Eben Upton & William J. Nuttall, 2013. "Fuel Panics - insights from spatial agent-based simulation," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1309, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Relvas, Susana & Boschetto Magatão, Suelen N. & Barbosa-Póvoa, Ana Paula F.D. & Neves, Flávio, 2013. "Integrated scheduling and inventory management of an oil products distribution system," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 955-968.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.