Mixture representation for order statistics from INID progressive censoring and its applications
AbstractIn this paper, a mixture representation for the joint distribution function of progressively Type-II censored order statistics from heterogeneous distributions is established. Applications of this representation to stochastic orderings and inequalities are then illustrated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 99 (2008)
Issue (Month): 9 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- 60E - - - - - -
- 60E - - - - - -
- 62N - - - - - -
- INI - Health, Education, and Welfare - - - - -
- pro - - - - - -
- cen - - - - - -
- Mul - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - - - -
- sto - - - - - -
- ord - - - - - -
- Mix - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - - - -
- Ord - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - - - -
- sta - - - - - -
- for - - - - - -
- ind - - - - - -
- non - - - - - -
- dis - - - - - -
- var - - - - - -
- Per - Economic Systems - - - - -
- Maj - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - - - -
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Proschan, F. & Sethuraman, J., 1976. "Stochastic comparisons of order statistics from heterogeneous populations, with applications in reliability," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 608-616, December.
- Olivier Guilbaud, 2001. "Exact Non-parametric Confidence Intervals for Quantiles with Progressive Type-II Censoring," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics & Finnish Statistical Society & Norwegian Statistical Association & Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 28(4), pages 699-713.
- Kochar, Subhash & Rojo, Javier, 1996. "Some New Results on Stochastic Comparisons of Spacings from Heterogeneous Exponential Distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 272-281, November.
- Bairamov, Ismihan, 2006. "Progressive Type II censored order statistics for multivariate observations," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(4), pages 797-809, April.
- Kochar, Subhash C & Korwar, Ramesh, 1996. "Stochastic Orders for Spacings of Heterogeneous Exponential Random Variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 69-83, April.
- Hon Ng & Ping-Shing Chan, 2007. "Comments on: Progressive censoring methodology: an appraisal," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 287-289, August.
- Alvarez-Andrade, S. & Balakrishnan, N. & Bordes, L., 2007. "Homogeneity tests based on several progressively Type-II censored samples," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(6), pages 1195-1213, July.
- Lihong, Sun & Xinsheng, Zhang, 2005. "Stochastic comparisons of order statistics from gamma distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 112-121, March.
- Balakrishnan, N. & Saleh, H.M., 2011. "Relations for moments of progressively Type-II censored order statistics from half-logistic distribution with applications to inference," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(10), pages 2775-2792, October.
- Paltanea, Eugen, 2011. "Bounds for mixtures of order statistics from exponentials and applications," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(5), pages 896-907, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.