Comparisons of k-out-of-n systems with heterogenous components
AbstractThe k-out-of-n structure is a very popular type of redundancy in fault-tolerant systems which has been widely applied in reliability engineering and system security. In this paper, we carry out stochastic comparisons between k-out-of-n systems with independent heterogeneous components with respect to various stochastic orders such as hazard rate order, mean residual life order, and reversed hazard rate order. Moreover, we also establish likelihood ratio ordering results of series and parallel systems in multiple-outlier models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Proschan, F. & Sethuraman, J., 1976. "Stochastic comparisons of order statistics from heterogeneous populations, with applications in reliability," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 608-616, December.
- Huaihou Chen & Taizhong Hu, 2008. "Multivariate likelihood ratio orderings between spacings of heterogeneous exponential random variables," Metrika, Springer, vol. 68(1), pages 17-29, June.
- Zhao, Peng & Li, Xiaohu & Balakrishnan, N., 2009. "Likelihood ratio order of the second order statistic from independent heterogeneous exponential random variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(5), pages 952-962, May.
- Kochar, Subhash & Rojo, Javier, 1996. "Some New Results on Stochastic Comparisons of Spacings from Heterogeneous Exponential Distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 272-281, November.
- Misra, Neeraj & Misra, Amit Kumar, 2012. "New results on stochastic comparisons of two-component series and parallel systems," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 283-290.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.