Comparisons of k-out-of-n systems with heterogenous components
AbstractThe k-out-of-n structure is a very popular type of redundancy in fault-tolerant systems which has been widely applied in reliability engineering and system security. In this paper, we carry out stochastic comparisons between k-out-of-n systems with independent heterogeneous components with respect to various stochastic orders such as hazard rate order, mean residual life order, and reversed hazard rate order. Moreover, we also establish likelihood ratio ordering results of series and parallel systems in multiple-outlier models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kochar, Subhash & Rojo, Javier, 1996. "Some New Results on Stochastic Comparisons of Spacings from Heterogeneous Exponential Distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 272-281, November.
- Zhao, Peng & Li, Xiaohu & Balakrishnan, N., 2009. "Likelihood ratio order of the second order statistic from independent heterogeneous exponential random variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(5), pages 952-962, May.
- Proschan, F. & Sethuraman, J., 1976. "Stochastic comparisons of order statistics from heterogeneous populations, with applications in reliability," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 608-616, December.
- Misra, Neeraj & Misra, Amit Kumar, 2012. "New results on stochastic comparisons of two-component series and parallel systems," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 283-290.
- Huaihou Chen & Taizhong Hu, 2008. "Multivariate likelihood ratio orderings between spacings of heterogeneous exponential random variables," Metrika, Springer, vol. 68(1), pages 17-29, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.