On kernel method for sliced average variance estimation
AbstractIn this paper, we use the kernel method to estimate sliced average variance estimation (SAVE) and prove that this estimator is both asymptotically normal and root n consistent. We use this kernel estimator to provide more insight about the differences between slicing estimation and other sophisticated local smoothing methods. Finally, we suggest a Bayes information criterion (BIC) to estimate the dimensionality of SAVE. Examples and real data are presented for illustrating our method.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 98 (2007)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhu, Lixing & Miao, Baiqi & Peng, Heng, 2006. "On Sliced Inverse Regression With High-Dimensional Covariates," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 630-643, June.
- Zhao, L. C. & Krishnaiah, P. R. & Bai, Z. D., 1986. "On detection of the number of signals in presence of white noise," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-25, October.
- Zhao, L. C. & Krishnaiah, P. R. & Bai, Z. D., 1986. "On detection of the number of signals when the noise covariance matrix is arbitrary," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 26-49, October.
- Efstathia Bura & R. Dennis Cook, 2001. "Estimating the structural dimension of regressions via parametric inverse regression," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(2), pages 393-410.
- Zhu, Li-Ping & Yu, Zhou & Zhu, Li-Xing, 2010. "A sparse eigen-decomposition estimation in semiparametric regression," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 976-986, April.
- Scrucca, Luca, 2011. "Model-based SIR for dimension reduction," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(11), pages 3010-3026, November.
- Jae Yoo & Keunbaik Lee & Seongho Wu, 2010. "On the extension of sliced average variance estimation to multivariate regression," Statistical Methods and Applications, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 529-540, November.
- Benoît Liquet & Jérôme Saracco, 2012. "A graphical tool for selecting the number of slices and the dimension of the model in SIR and SAVE approaches," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 103-125, March.
- Li-Ping Zhu & Lin-Yi Qian & Jin-Guan Lin, 2011. "Variable selection in a class of single-index models," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 63(6), pages 1277-1293, December.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.