Dependence properties and bounds for ruin probabilities in multivariate compound risk models
AbstractIn risk management, ignoring the dependence among various types of claims often results in over-estimating or under-estimating the ruin probabilities of a portfolio. This paper focuses on three commonly used ruin probabilities in multivariate compound risk models, and using the comparison methods shows how some ruin probabilities increase, whereas the others decrease, as the claim dependence grows. The paper also presents some computable bounds for these ruin probabilities, which can be calculated explicitly for multivariate phase-type distributed claims, and illustrates the performance of these bounds for the multivariate compound Poisson risk models with slightly or highly dependent Marshall-Olkin exponential claim sizes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 98 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cai, Jun & Li, Haijun, 2005. "Multivariate risk model of phase type," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 137-152, April.
- Chan, Wai-Sum & Yang, Hailiang & Zhang, Lianzeng, 2003. "Some results on ruin probabilities in a two-dimensional risk model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 345-358, July.
- Castañer, A. & Claramunt, M.M. & Lefèvre, C., 2013. "Survival probabilities in bivariate risk models, with application to reinsurance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 632-642.
- Romain Biard, 2013. "Asymptotic multivariate finite-time ruin probabilities with heavy-tailed claim amounts: Impact of dependence and optimal reserve allocation," Post-Print hal-00538571, HAL.
- Gong, Lan & Badescu, Andrei L. & Cheung, Eric C.K., 2012. "Recursive methods for a multi-dimensional risk process with common shocks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 109-120.
- Shen, Xinmei & Zhang, Yi, 2013. "Ruin probabilities of a two-dimensional risk model with dependent risks of heavy tail," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(7), pages 1787-1799.
- Liu, Jingchen & Woo, Jae-Kyung, 2014. "Asymptotic analysis of risk quantities conditional on ruin for multidimensional heavy-tailed random walks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 1-9.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.