Characterization of dependence of multidimensional Lévy processes using Lévy copulas
AbstractThis paper suggests Lévy copulas in order to characterize the dependence among components of multidimensional Lévy processes. This concept parallels the notion of a copula on the level of Lévy measures. As for random vectors, a version of Sklar's theorem states that the law of a general multivariate Lévy process is obtained by combining arbitrary univariate Lévy processes with an arbitrary Lévy copula. We construct parametric families of Lévy copulas and prove a limit theorem, which indicates how to obtain the Lévy copula of a multivariate Lévy process X from the ordinary copula of the random vector Xt for small t.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 97 (2006)
Issue (Month): 7 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicole Bäuerle & Anja Blatter & Alfred Müller, 2008. "Dependence properties and comparison results for Lévy processes," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 67(1), pages 161-186, February.
- Ilenia Epifani & Antonio Lijoi, 2009. "Nonparametric Priors for Vectors of Survival Functions," Quaderni di Dipartimento 098, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- Antonis Papapantoleon, 2011. "Computation of copulas by Fourier methods," Papers 1108.1216, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2014.
- N. Reich & C. Schwab & C. Winter, 2010. "On Kolmogorov equations for anisotropic multivariate Lévy processes," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 527-567, December.
- Leisen, Fabrizio & Lijoi, Antonio, 2011. "Vectors of two-parameter Poisson-Dirichlet processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(3), pages 482-495, March.
- Bäuerle, Nicole & Blatter, Anja, 2011. "Optimal control and dependence modeling of insurance portfolios with Lévy dynamics," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 398-405, May.
- Fabrizio Leisen & Antonio Lijoi, 2010. "Vectors of two-parameter Poisson-Dirichlet processes," Quaderni di Dipartimento 119, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- Grothe, Oliver & Nicklas, Stephan, 2013. "Vine constructions of Lévy copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 1-15.
- Rosario Romera & Elisa M. Molanes, 2008. "Copulas in finance and insurance," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws086321, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- N. Hilber & N. Reich & C. Schwab & C. Winter, 2009. "Numerical methods for Lévy processes," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 471-500, September.
- W. Zhu & Frabrizio Leisen, 2013. "A multivariate extension of a vector of Poisson- Dirichlet processes," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws132220, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- Naoufel El-Bachir, 2008. "Dependent jump processes with coupled Lévy measures," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2008-03, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Oliver Grothe & Stephan Nicklas, 2012. "Vine Constructions of Levy Copulas," Papers 1207.4309, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2012.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.