Characterization of dependence of multidimensional Lévy processes using Lévy copulas
AbstractThis paper suggests Lévy copulas in order to characterize the dependence among components of multidimensional Lévy processes. This concept parallels the notion of a copula on the level of Lévy measures. As for random vectors, a version of Sklar's theorem states that the law of a general multivariate Lévy process is obtained by combining arbitrary univariate Lévy processes with an arbitrary Lévy copula. We construct parametric families of Lévy copulas and prove a limit theorem, which indicates how to obtain the Lévy copula of a multivariate Lévy process X from the ordinary copula of the random vector Xt for small t.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 97 (2006)
Issue (Month): 7 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Naoufel El-Bachir, 2008. "Dependent jump processes with coupled Lévy measures," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2008-03, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Grothe, Oliver & Nicklas, Stephan, 2013. "Vine constructions of Lévy copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 1-15.
- Bäuerle, Nicole & Blatter, Anja, 2011. "Optimal control and dependence modeling of insurance portfolios with Lévy dynamics," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 398-405, May.
- Leisen, Fabrizio & Lijoi, Antonio, 2011. "Vectors of two-parameter Poisson-Dirichlet processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(3), pages 482-495, March.
- N. Reich & C. Schwab & C. Winter, 2010. "On Kolmogorov equations for anisotropic multivariate Lévy processes," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 527-567, December.
- N. Hilber & N. Reich & C. Schwab & C. Winter, 2009. "Numerical methods for Lévy processes," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 471-500, September.
- Antonis Papapantoleon, 2011. "Computation of copulas by Fourier methods," Papers 1108.1216, arXiv.org.
- Ilenia Epifani & Antonio Lijoi, 2009. "Nonparametric Priors for Vectors of Survival Functions," Quaderni di Dipartimento 098, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- W. Zhu & Frabrizio Leisen, 2013. "A multivariate extension of a vector of Poisson- Dirichlet processes," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws132220, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- Oliver Grothe & Stephan Nicklas, 2012. "Vine Constructions of Levy Copulas," Papers 1207.4309, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2012.
- Fabrizio Leisen & Antonio Lijoi, 2010. "Vectors of two-parameter Poisson-Dirichlet processes," Quaderni di Dipartimento 119, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- Rosario Romera & Elisa M. Molanes, 2008. "Copulas in finance and insurance," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws086321, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.