Characterization of dependence of multidimensional Lévy processes using Lévy copulas
AbstractThis paper suggests Lévy copulas in order to characterize the dependence among components of multidimensional Lévy processes. This concept parallels the notion of a copula on the level of Lévy measures. As for random vectors, a version of Sklar's theorem states that the law of a general multivariate Lévy process is obtained by combining arbitrary univariate Lévy processes with an arbitrary Lévy copula. We construct parametric families of Lévy copulas and prove a limit theorem, which indicates how to obtain the Lévy copula of a multivariate Lévy process X from the ordinary copula of the random vector Xt for small t.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 97 (2006)
Issue (Month): 7 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oliver Grothe & Stephan Nicklas, 2012. "Vine Constructions of Levy Copulas," Papers 1207.4309, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2012.
- Bäuerle, Nicole & Blatter, Anja, 2011. "Optimal control and dependence modeling of insurance portfolios with Lévy dynamics," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 398-405, May.
- N. Hilber & N. Reich & C. Schwab & C. Winter, 2009. "Numerical methods for Lévy processes," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 471-500, September.
- N. Reich & C. Schwab & C. Winter, 2010. "On Kolmogorov equations for anisotropic multivariate Lévy processes," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 527-567, December.
- W. Zhu & Frabrizio Leisen, 2013. "A multivariate extension of a vector of Poisson- Dirichlet processes," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws132220, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- Grothe, Oliver & Nicklas, Stephan, 2013. "Vine constructions of Lévy copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 1-15.
- Ilenia Epifani & Antonio Lijoi, 2009. "Nonparametric Priors for Vectors of Survival Functions," Quaderni di Dipartimento 098, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- Fabrizio Leisen & Antonio Lijoi, 2010. "Vectors of two-parameter Poisson-Dirichlet processes," Quaderni di Dipartimento 119, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- Rosario Romera & Elisa M. Molanes, 2008. "Copulas in finance and insurance," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws086321, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- Leisen, Fabrizio & Lijoi, Antonio, 2011. "Vectors of two-parameter Poisson-Dirichlet processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(3), pages 482-495, March.
- Nicole Bäuerle & Anja Blatter & Alfred Müller, 2008. "Dependence properties and comparison results for Lévy processes," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 67(1), pages 161-186, February.
- Naoufel El-Bachir, 2008. "Dependent jump processes with coupled Lévy measures," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2008-03, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Antonis Papapantoleon, 2011. "Computation of copulas by Fourier methods," Papers 1108.1216, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2014.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.