Some results on the multivariate truncated normal distribution
AbstractThis note formalizes some analytical results on the n-dimensional multivariate truncated normal distribution where truncation is one-sided and at an arbitrary point. Results on linear transformations, marginal and conditional distributions, and independence are provided. Also, results on log-concavity, A-unimodality and the MTP2 property are derived.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 94 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Cha - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - - - -
- fun - - - - - -
- Log - Industrial Organization - - - - -
- A-u - General Economics and Teaching - - - - -
- MTP - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - - - -
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jamie Crandell & Corrine Voils & YunKyung Chang & Margarete Sandelowski, 2011. "Bayesian data augmentation methods for the synthesis of qualitative and quantitative research findings," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 653-669, April.
- Christine Amsler & Artem Prokhorov & Peter Schmidt, 2011. "Using Copulas to Model Time Dependence in Stochastic Frontier Models," Working Papers 11002, Concordia University, Department of Economics.
- feng dai, 2005. "The Golden Growth Law in Economic Process," Development and Comp Systems 0511014, EconWPA.
- Arismendi, J.C., 2013. "Multivariate truncated moments," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 41-75.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.