Some representations of the multivariate Bernoulli and binomial distributions
AbstractMultivariate but vectorized versions for Bernoulli and binomial distributions are established using the concept of Kronecker product from matrix calculus. The multivariate Bernoulli distribution entails a parameterized model, that provides an alternative to the traditional log-linear model for binary variables.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 32 (1990)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lovison, Gianfranco, 2006. "A matrix-valued Bernoulli distribution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(7), pages 1573-1585, August.
- Albert Maydeu-Olivares & Harry Joe, 2006.
"Limited Information Goodness-of-fit Testing in Multidimensional Contingency Tables,"
Springer, vol. 71(4), pages 713-732, December.
- Alberto Maydeu, 2005. "Limited Information Goodness-Of-Fit Testing In Multidimensional Contingency Tables," Working Papers Economia wp05-12, Instituto de Empresa, Area of Economic Environment.
- Wu, Jianmin & Bentler, Peter M., 2013. "Limited information estimation in binary factor analysis: A review and extension," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 392-403.
- Ip, Edward H. & Wang, Yuchung J. & Yeh, Yeong-nan, 2004. "Structural decompositions of multivariate distributions with applications in moment and cumulant," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 119-134, April.
- Alberto Maydeu, 2005. "A Multidimensional Unfolding Latent Trait Model For Binary Data," Working Papers Economia wp05-11, Instituto de Empresa, Area of Economic Environment.
- Lieven Baele & Geert Bekaert & Koen Inghelbrecht & Min Wei, 2012.
"Flights to Safety,"
Working Paper Research
230, National Bank of Belgium.
- Lieven Baele & Geert Bekaert & Koen Inghelbrecht & Min Wei, 2013. "Flights to Safety," NBER Working Papers 19095, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baele, Lieven & Bekaert, Geert & Inghelbrecht, Koen & Wei, Min, 2014. "Flights to Safety," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-46, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Alberto Maydeu-Olivares & Rosa Montaño, 2013. "How Should We Assess the Fit of Rasch-Type Models? Approximating the Power of Goodness-of-Fit Statistics in Categorical Data Analysis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 78(1), pages 116-133, January.
- Xiao, Tim, 2013. "The Impact of Default Dependency and Collateralization on Asset Pricing and Credit Risk Modeling," MPRA Paper 47136, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alberto Maydeu, 2003. "Limited and full information estimation and goodness-of-fit testing in 2n contingency tables," Working Papers Economia wp03-14, Instituto de Empresa, Area of Economic Environment.
- Maydeu-Olivares, Albert, 2002. "Limited information estimation and testing of Thurstonian models for preference data," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 467-483, July.
- Teugels, J. L. & Van Horebeek, J., 1998. "Algebraic Descriptions of Nominal Multivariate Discrete Data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 203-226, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.