Partially linear single-index beta regression model and score test
AbstractAn important model in handling the multivariate data is the partially linear single-index regression model with a very flexible distribution--beta distribution, which is commonly used to model data restricted to some open intervals on the line. In this paper, the score test is extended to the partially linear single-index beta regression model. The penalized likelihood estimation based on P-spline is proposed. Based on the estimation, the score test statistics about varying dispersion parameter is given. Its asymptotical property is investigated. Both simulated examples are used to illustrate our proposed methods.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 103 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bo-Cheng Wei & Jian-Qing Shi & Wing-Kam Fung & Yue-Qing Hu, 1998. "Testing for Varying Dispersion in Exponential Family Nonlinear Models," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 277-294, June.
- Lixing Zhu & Liugen Xue, 2006. "Empirical likelihood confidence regions in a partially linear single-index model," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 68(3), pages 549-570.
- Yu Y. & Ruppert D., 2002. "Penalized Spline Estimation for Partially Linear Single-Index Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 1042-1054, December.
- Espinheira, Patricia L. & Ferrari, Silvia L.P. & Cribari-Neto, Francisco, 2008. "Influence diagnostics in beta regression," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(9), pages 4417-4431, May.
- Patricia Espinheira & Silvia Ferrari & Francisco Cribari-Neto, 2008. "On beta regression residuals," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 407-419.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.