Why are the effects of money-supply shocks asymmetric? Evidence from prices, consumption, and investment
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Macroeconomics.
Volume (Year): 21 (1999)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622617
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cover, James Peery, 1992. "Asymmetric Effects of Positive and Negative Money-Supply Shocks," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 107(4), pages 1261-82, November.
- Laurence Ball & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1994.
"Asymmetric Price Adjustment and Economic Fluctuations,"
NBER Working Papers
4089, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ball, Laurence & Mankiw, N Gregory, 1994. "Asymmetric Price Adjustment and Economic Fluctuations," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(423), pages 247-61, March.
- Ball, L. & Mankiw, N.G., 1992. "Asymmetric Price Adjustment and Economic Fluctuations," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1602, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- J. Bradford DeLong & Lawrence H. Summers, 1988. "How Does Macroeconomic Policy Affect Output?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(2), pages 433-494.
- Barro, Robert J, 1978.
"Unanticipated Money, Output, and the Price Level in the United States,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(4), pages 549-80, August.
- Barro, Robert J., 1978. "Unanticipated Money, Output, and the Price Level in the United States," Scholarly Articles 3450988, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1993. "Credit in the macroeconomy," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Spr, pages 50-70.
- Barro, Robert J, 1977.
"Unanticipated Money Growth and Unemployment in the United States,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 101-15, March.
- Robert J. Barro, 1976. "Unanticipated Money Growth and Unemployment in the United States," Working Papers 234, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Evans, Paul, 1986. "Does the potency of monetary policy vary with capacity utilization?," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 303-331, January.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Eduardo M.R.A. Engel, 1992. "Price Rigidities, Asymmetries, and Output Fluctuations," NBER Working Papers 4091, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Donald P. Morgan, 1993. "Asymmetric effects of monetary policy," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 21-33.
- Assar Lindbeck & Dennis J. Snower, 1989. "The Insider-Outsider Theory of Employment and Unemployment," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026262074x, January.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1982.
"Does Anticipated Monetary Policy Matter? An Econometric Investigation,"
NBER Working Papers
0506, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mishkin, Frederic S, 1982. "Does Anticipated Monetary Policy Matter? An Econometric Investigation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(1), pages 22-51, February.
- Karras, Georgios, 1996. "Are the Output Effects of Monetary Policy Asymmetric? Evidence from a Sample of European Countries," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 58(2), pages 267-78, May.
- repec:fth:harver:1418 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rhee, Wooheon & Rich, Robert W., 1995. "Inflation and the asymmetric effects of money on output fluctuations," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 683-702.
- Buckle, Robert A & Carlson, John A, 1998. "Inflation and Asymmetric Output Adjustments by Firms," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 36(2), pages 215-28, April.
- Olekalns, Nilss, 1995. "The Effect of Nominal Demand Shocks on Manufacturing Output: Evidence from Disaggregated Australian Data," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 71(212), pages 66-76, March.
- Orlando Gomes & Diana A. Mendes & Vivaldo M. Mendes & José Sousa Ramos, 2006.
"Endogenous Cycles in Optimal Monetary Policywith a Nonlinear Phillips Curve,"
Working Papers Series 1
ercwp1508, ISCTE-IUL, Business Research Unit (BRU-IUL).
- Gomes, O. & Mendes, D. A. & Mendes, V. P. & Sousa Ramos, J., 2007. "Endogenous Cycles in Optimal Monetary Policy with a Nonlinear Phillips Curve," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2006 139, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Tkacz, Greg, 2004.
"Inflation changes, yield spreads, and threshold effects,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-199.
- Greg Tkacz, 2002. "Inflation Changes, Yield Spreads, and Threshold Effects," Working Papers 02-40, Bank of Canada.
- Modena, Matteo, 2008.
"The term structure and the expectations hypothesis: a threshold model,"
9611, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Matteo Modena, 2008. "The Term Structure and the Expectations Hypothesis: a Threshold Model," Working Papers 2008_36, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Pragidis, Ioannis & Gogas, Periklis & Tabak, Benjamin, 2013.
"Asymmetric Effects of Monetary Policy in the U.S. and Brazil,"
DUTH Research Papers in Economics
7-2013, Democritus University of Thrace, Department of Economics.
- Ioannis Pragidis & Periklis Gogas & Benjamin Miranda Tabak, 2013. "Asymmetric Effects of Monetary Policy in the U.S. and Brazil," Working Papers Series 340, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Fabio ALESSANDRINI, 2003. "Some Additional Evidence from the Credit Channel on the Response to Monetary Shocks: Looking for Asymmetries," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du DÃ©partement d'EconomÃ©trie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 03.04, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Anna Florio, 2005. "Asymmetric monetary policy: empirical evidence for Italy," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(7), pages 751-764.
- Edoardo Gaffeo & Ivan Petrella & Damjan Pfajfar & Emiliano Santoro, 2012. "Loss Aversion and the Asymmetric Transmission of Monetary Policy," Discussion Papers 12-21, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.