Capturing downside risk in financial markets: the case of the Asian Crisis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Money and Finance.
Volume (Year): 18 (1999)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 1963. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36, pages 394.
- Huisman, R. & Koedijik, K.G. & Pownall, R.A.J., 1998. "VaR-x: Fat Tails in Financial Risk Management," Papers 98-54, Southern California - School of Business Administration.
- M.J.B. Hall, 1996. "The amendment to the capital accord to incorporate market risk," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 49(197), pages 271-277.
- Butler, K. C. & Joaquin, D. C., 2002. "Are the gains from international portfolio diversification exaggerated? The influence of downside risk in bear markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 981-1011, December.
- Cotter, John, 2004.
"Varying the VaR for Unconditional and Conditional Environments,"
3483, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cotter, John, 2007. "Varying the VaR for unconditional and conditional environments," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 1338-1354, December.
- John Cotter, 2011. "Varying the VaR for Unconditional and Conditional Environments," Papers 1103.5649, arXiv.org.
- John Cotter, 2011. "Varying the VaR for Unconditional and Conditional Environments," Working Papers 200419, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Haile, Fasika & Pozo, Susan, 2008. "Currency crisis contagion and the identification of transmission channels," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 572-588, October.
- X. H. Wang & Carmen Menezes, 2002.
"The Precautionary Premium and the Risk-Downside Risk Tradeoff,"
0204, Department of Economics, University of Missouri, revised 16 May 2002.
- X. H. Wang & Carmen Menezes, 2002. "The Precautionary Premium and the Risk-Downside Risk Tradeoff," Working Papers 0204a, Department of Economics, University of Missouri, revised 16 May 2002.
- Maria Rosa Nieto & Esther Ruiz, 2008. "Measuring financial risk : comparison of alternative procedures to estimate VaR and ES," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws087326, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- Pontines, Victor & Siregar, Reza, 2007. "The Yen, the US dollar, and the trade weighted basket of currencies: Does the choice of anchor currencies matter in identifying incidences of speculative attacks?," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 214-235, March.
- Chang, Kuang-Liang, 2010. "House price dynamics, conditional higher-order moments, and density forecasts," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1029-1039, September.
- Kee-Hong Bae & G. Andrew Karolyi & René M. Stulz, 2003.
"A New Approach to Measuring Financial Contagion,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 16(3), pages 717-763, July.
- Konstantinos Tolikas, 2011. "The rare event risk in African emerging stock markets," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(3), pages 275-294, March.
- Lehnert, Thorsten & Wolff, Christian C, 2001. "Modelling Scale-Consistent VaR with the Truncated Lévy Flight," CEPR Discussion Papers 2711, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bams, Dennis & Lehnert, Thorsten & Wolff, Christian C, 2002.
"An Evaluation Framework for Alternative VaR Models,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3403, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bams, Dennis & Lehnert, Thorsten & Wolff, Christian C.P., 2005. "An evaluation framework for alternative VaR-models," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 944-958, October.
- Lehnert, Thorsten & Wolff, Christian C. P., 2004. "Scale-consistent Value-at-Risk," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 127-134, June.
- Tolikas, Konstantinos & Gettinby, Gareth D., 2009. "Modelling the distribution of the extreme share returns in Singapore," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 254-263, March.
- Cotter, John, 2004. "Modelling extreme financial returns of global equity markets," MPRA Paper 3532, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gagnon, Louis & Karolyi, G. Andrew, 2006. "Price and Volatility Transmission across Borders," Working Paper Series 2006-5, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Tolikas, Konstantinos, 2014. "Unexpected tails in risk measurement: Some international evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 476-493.
- Diego Nocetti, 2006. "Central bank´s value at risk and financial crises: An application to the 2001 Argentine crisis," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 0, pages 381-402, November.
- Campbell-Pownall, R.A.J. & Huisman, R., 2002. "Measuring Credit Spread Risk," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2002-95-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Marco Rocco, 2011. "Extreme value theory for finance: a survey," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 99, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.