Capturing downside risk in financial markets: the case of the Asian Crisis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Money and Finance.
Volume (Year): 18 (1999)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 1963. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36, pages 394.
- Huisman, R. & Koedijik, K.G. & Pownall, R.A.J., 1998. "VaR-x: Fat Tails in Financial Risk Management," Papers 98-54, Southern California - School of Business Administration.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Haile, Fasika & Pozo, Susan, 2008. "Currency crisis contagion and the identification of transmission channels," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 572-588, October.
- Tolikas, Konstantinos & Gettinby, Gareth D., 2009. "Modelling the distribution of the extreme share returns in Singapore," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 254-263, March.
- Lehnert, Thorsten & Wolff, Christian C, 2001. "Modelling Scale-Consistent VaR with the Truncated Lévy Flight," CEPR Discussion Papers 2711, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cotter, John, 2004.
"Varying the VaR for Unconditional and Conditional Environments,"
3483, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cotter, John, 2007. "Varying the VaR for unconditional and conditional environments," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 1338-1354, December.
- John Cotter, 2011. "Varying the VaR for Unconditional and Conditional Environments," Papers 1103.5649, arXiv.org.
- John Cotter, 2011. "Varying the VaR for Unconditional and Conditional Environments," Working Papers 200419, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Bams, Dennis & Lehnert, Thorsten & Wolff, Christian C, 2002.
"An Evaluation Framework for Alternative VaR Models,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3403, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bams, Dennis & Lehnert, Thorsten & Wolff, Christian C.P., 2005. "An evaluation framework for alternative VaR-models," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 944-958, October.
- Pontines, Victor & Siregar, Reza, 2007. "The Yen, the US dollar, and the trade weighted basket of currencies: Does the choice of anchor currencies matter in identifying incidences of speculative attacks?," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 214-235, March.
- repec:fip:fedhpr:y:2001:i:may:p:489-529 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chang, Kuang-Liang, 2010. "House price dynamics, conditional higher-order moments, and density forecasts," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1029-1039, September.
- Kee-Hong Bae & G. Andrew Karolyi & René M. Stulz, 2003.
"A New Approach to Measuring Financial Contagion,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 16(3), pages 717-763, July.
- Butler, K. C. & Joaquin, D. C., 2002. "Are the gains from international portfolio diversification exaggerated? The influence of downside risk in bear markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 981-1011, December.
- Marco Rocco, 2011. "Extreme value theory for finance: a survey," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 99, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Cotter, John, 2004. "Modelling extreme financial returns of global equity markets," MPRA Paper 3532, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Campbell-Pownall, R.A.J. & Huisman, R., 2002. "Measuring Credit Spread Risk," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2002-95-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Maria Rosa Nieto & Esther Ruiz, 2008. "Measuring financial risk : comparison of alternative procedures to estimate VaR and ES," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws087326, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- X. H. Wang & Carmen Menezes, 2002.
"The Precautionary Premium and the Risk-Downside Risk Tradeoff,"
0204, Department of Economics, University of Missouri, revised 16 May 2002.
- X. H. Wang & Carmen Menezes, 2002. "The Precautionary Premium and the Risk-Downside Risk Tradeoff," Working Papers 0204a, Department of Economics, University of Missouri, revised 16 May 2002.
- Diego Nocetti, 2006. "Central bank´s value at risk and financial crises: An application to the 2001 Argentine crisis," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 0, pages 381-402, November.
- Lehnert, Thorsten & Wolff, Christian C. P., 2004. "Scale-consistent Value-at-Risk," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 127-134, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.