The role of efficiency measurement in hospital rate setting
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 13 (1994)
Issue (Month): 3 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini, 2008.
"Effects of ownership, subsidization and teaching activities on hospital costs in Switzerland,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 335-350.
- Medhi Farsi & Massimo Filippini, 2006. "Effects of ownership, subsidization and teaching activities on hospital costs in Switzerland," Quaderni della facoltÃ di Scienze economiche dell'UniversitÃ di Lugano 0606, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Beatriz Gonzalez Lopez-Valcarcel & Patricia Barber Perez, 1996. "Changes in the efficiency of spanish public hospitals after the introduction of program-contracts," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 20(3), pages 377-402, September.
- Andrew Worthington, 1999. "An Empirical Survey Of Frontier Efficiency Measurement Techniques In Healthcare Services," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 067, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Rowena Jacobs, 2000. "Alternative methods to examine hospital efficiency: Data Envelopment Analysis and Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Working Papers 177chedp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Dormont, Brigitte & Milcent, Carine, 2004. "The sources of hospital cost variability," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5426, Paris Dauphine University.
- Brigitte Dormont & Carine Milcent, 2004. "The sources of hospital cost variability," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(10), pages 927-939.
- Wholey, Douglas & Feldman, Roger & Christianson, Jon B. & Engberg, John, 1996. "Scale and scope economies among health maintenance organizations," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 657-684, December.
- Medhi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & Diego Lunati, 2008.
"Economies of scale and efficiency measurement in Switzerland's Nursing homes,"
Quaderni della facoltÃ di Scienze economiche dell'UniversitÃ di Lugano
0801, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & Diego Lunati, 2008. "Economies of Scale and Efficiency Measurement in Switzerland's Nursing Homes," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 144(III), pages 359-378, September.
- Sherman T. Folland & Richard A. Hofler, 2001. "How reliable are hospital efficiency estimates? Exploiting the dual to homothetic production," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(8), pages 683-698.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.